• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
15 15

6,625 posts in this topic

Saw this thread while looking around the place, and since I picked up a few last weekend at the Baltimore Comic-Con, thought I'd contribute a few.

action239_001_zps2b72f04a.jpg

action251_001_zps49525beb.jpg

action255_001_zps6305976c.jpg

Look, a gorilla!

superman127_001_zps9a493ae6.jpg

superman130_001_zps5515e8a7.jpg

"A Great 3-Part Novel" - all in one issue!

superman141_001_zpsa37cfde9.jpg

Saw this thread while looking around the place, and since I picked up a few last weekend at the Baltimore Comic-Con, thought I'd contribute a few.

action239_001_zps2b72f04a.jpg

action251_001_zps49525beb.jpg

action255_001_zps6305976c.jpg

Look, a gorilla!

superman127_001_zps9a493ae6.jpg

superman130_001_zps5515e8a7.jpg

"A Great 3-Part Novel" - all in one issue!

superman141_001_zpsa37cfde9.jpg

Great books all. I'm a die-hard Superman collector and just love your books. You sure picked up some nice books. And you can enjoy both story and art. Congrats!

Great books all. I'm a die-hard Superman collector and just love your books. You sure picked up some nice books. And you can enjoy both story and art. Congrats!

Thanks - if you can't tell, I'm also big on Superman collecting. I was glad to find these - it's been a couple years since I've been to a convention, and I was a little overwhelmed at first. Hard to find the stuff I'm looking for, and then when I do, it's usually better condition than I want to pay for. But these books (plus one other which was 12-cent cover, Superman 152 - the last Superman I needed to have all 51+ years I've been alive; 2 Action left to go) were just what I needed.

Thanks - if you can't tell, I'm also big on Superman collecting. I was glad to find these - it's been a couple years since I've been to a convention, and I was a little overwhelmed at first. Hard to find the stuff I'm looking for, and then when I do, it's usually better condition than I want to pay for. But these books (plus one other which was 12-cent cover, Superman 152 - the last Superman I needed to have all 51+ years I've been alive; 2 Action left to go) were just what I needed.

That's quite a run. Curious to know which two Actions you need to complete your run.

SLR

Edited by Stevenrams

That's quite a run. Curious to know which two Actions you need to complete your run.

SLR

Keeping in mind that I didn't set out to get a run which covered my lifetime, it's just worked out that way - I was born in April, 1962. When I went to Baltimore, the highest issue I needed of Superman was 152, which happens to have the cover date of April, 1962. So now I have a Superman run from issue 149 (11/61).

As for Action, I am missing #300 (5/63) and #295 (12/62) in order to have a complete run from #277 (6/61) up. Throw in #276 and #269, and I get a compete run back to #264 (5/60).

Not everything is in the greatest of shapes - I've possibly got a couple from 1968 or so that have "Timmy" written in ink on the cover - but it is complete.

Well that's quite a collection you have. And I'll add that if you're happy with the books then condition is of no concern.

SLR

Thanks, and you are absolutely right. Me, I decided years ago that I'd rather have 2 FN books than one NM (although it looks like that gap has widened even more), and would rather have 3 VGs than 2 FN. And for some books I'll even go to G if it is a Good "G". ;)

So I once I buy something, it usually goes off my list.

In case anyone gets tired of posts without any more books, here's another 10-center I found lying around. Switching it up a bit, Detective 259.

Detective259_001_zps07555f9a.jpg

SLR

Keeping in mind that I didn't set out to get a run which covered my lifetime, it's just worked out that way - I was born in April, 1962. When I went to Baltimore, the highest issue I needed of Superman was 152, which happens to have the cover date of April, 1962. So now I have a Superman run from issue 149 (11/61).

As for Action, I am missing #300 (5/63) and #295 (12/62) in order to have a complete run from #277 (6/61) up. Throw in #276 and #269, and I get a compete run back to #264 (5/60).

Not everything is in the greatest of shapes - I've possibly got a couple from 1968 or so that have "Timmy" written in ink on the cover - but it is complete.

Myself I just need a 299 to have 250-414, I just haven't found the right copy yet!