• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeroesCon 2015 report... Pic Heavy

46 posts in this topic

one thing i forgot to mention in my report that happened.

My wife and I were at a dealers booth and i had a stack of books i was going to purchase. My wife was on the other side of the booth looking through stuff and this dealer proceeds to tell me how he hates when pretty girls get tattoos and ruin their bodies, and that it makes them look ugly. I had a choice to make at that point... Making sure i didn't ruin the whole weekend i let him know that the girl he was referencing was my wife and handed him his books back.

word of advice, don't talk junk about your customer base because you never know who they may be...

I'm sorry to hear that Dave, that's upsetting to hear. Just like most cons - I'm sure the last time they even seen a Va-JJ was at birth. Pathetic!

Well I saw the beautiful ink your wife had. I used to draw spec art for a tat shop located in NYC. I love them! I just don't have any ink personally because I get bored too easy of images I see everyday. As I said in the video If I ever get one the Infamous LB Skull Spider would be it...

Hang in there brother, I'm sure it was tough for you to not clothesline this dink.

I'm glad you took the higher path.

I was talking to some associates over lunch and I think I've come to the conclusion that 99% of comic collectors either on medication or need to be on medication. A lot of times when I go to a show and I feel like I'm walking to dark halls of Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane to get to Hannibal Lecter's Comics! " I Ate his Af 15 with some fava beans and a nice chianti"...

:P

I was talking to some associates over lunch and I think I've come to the conclusion that 99% of comic collectors either on medication or need to be on medication. A lot of times when I go to a show and I feel like I'm walking to dark halls of Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane to get to Hannibal Lecter's Comics! " I Ate his Af 15 with some fava beans and a nice chianti"...

:signfunny:

This is just freakin' fantastic.

IMG_0648.jpg

Good thing no one from DC corporate was there to see this.

IMG_0641.jpg

Wow! Is this the original? If yes, how much is he selling it for?

Thy had a huge art auction during the Con which I think all went to charity. There were some great pieces of art in the auctions but I think this one was my favorite also.

IMG_0641.jpg

Wow! Is this the original? If yes, how much is he selling it for?

yeah that was the original, It went for a couple grand at the art auction. I think the highest piece was an emma frost painting that sold for 16k

My wife and I were at a dealers booth and i had a stack of books i was going to purchase. My wife was on the other side of the booth looking through stuff and this dealer proceeds to tell me how he hates when pretty girls get tattoos and ruin their bodies, and that it makes them look ugly. I had a choice to make at that point... Making sure i didn't ruin the whole weekend i let him know that the girl he was referencing was my wife and handed him his books back.

word of advice, don't talk junk about your customer base because you never know who they may be...

I'm sorry to hear that Dave, that's upsetting to hear. Just like most cons - I'm sure the last time they even seen a Va-JJ was at birth. Pathetic!

Well I saw the beautiful ink your wife had. I used to draw spec art for a tat shop located in NYC. I love them! I just don't have any ink personally because I get bored too easy of images I see everyday. As I said in the video If I ever get one the Infamous LB Skull Spider would be it...

Hang in there brother, I'm sure it was tough for you to not clothesline this dink.

I'm glad you took the higher path.

its crazy that some sellers/dealers don't treat their little booth stand AS THIER WORKPLACE. Of course everyone has their own opinions on politics, religion, who/what looks good, but there's sooooo many people around (hopefully) and your business is (or should be) customer service based. In the comic selling booth or the LCS, the only staff opinions should be about the weather and about comics, and about comics...only positive or "I'm not sure" UNLESS you know the customer well and there's not too many people around, then you CAN HAVE a marginally negative opinion on a comic, but only if its followed by a recommendation for a comic you genuinely like.

So I've been going to Heroes since 2007 and this year was by far my best trip. Not only from a buying perspective but finally being able to meet people from the boards and getting the chance to stay all three days this time.

IMG_0651.jpg

More wall books!

IMG_0655.jpg

It seems that over the past few years I am seeing more and more dealers going away from the A frame display racks to these folding screens with wire shelves hooked to them. Anyone care to share how to build/create or buy one?

No offense but if that's your wife with you in the earlier pic she's hot, just saying

No offense but if that's your wife with you in the earlier pic she's hot, just saying

I was thinking the same thing. I can tell you if it was my wife and she heard those comments it would not be a good day for him.

F-him! Consider the source when something like this happens. There are a whole lot of stupid and ignorant people in this world. Pity them. What you did was classic and showed a whole lot of restraint. I live in the tat capital of the US and have seen it all. I can take it or leave it but would never say something like that to anyone. I'm sure your wife was very proud of the way you handled this!

And the fact that she goes to comic shows with you means she is a real keeper!

This. Hot Chick + Loves Comics + Loves Canes = You Lucky Sonofaperson_without_enough_empathy. :thumbsup:

Fixed it.