• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 8 Results

72 posts in this topic

Round 8 COMMENTARY

Despite massive movement in the Top Ten, toro retains his position in First Place. BlowUpTheMoon had to go see a concert and fell back to earth dropping five spots. :foryou:

A hearty Well Done to Revat for climbing 29 spots up the charts! :applause: A :foryou: for AlexH, who drops an amazing 30 places in one round! :sick:

Congrats to the 37 players with Bullseyes on the ASM 300. :screwy: Congrats to the 46 Bullseyes for the Astonishing 29! :acclaim:

The Mathematically Eliminated Line continues its inexorable crawl up the charts and is now at 34! :eek:

ROUND 9 AWAITS! KEEP YOUR STRENGTH UP FOR THE FINAL PUSH! :sumo::banana:

And the biggest news! makeminemego finally got negative points on a comic. I thought his run was one of the most impressive so far. Even the comics that stumped everyone he wasn't as far off as the rest of us. Finally done in by the ASM.

Thanks for the shoutout. That was my goal, 20 books with positive points. A little disappointing.

Not the Blues in the Stanley Cup playoffs disappointing, just kind of disappointing.......

I think future contests will be easier once I get my hands on a copy of HOW TO GRADE AMAZING SPIDERMAN #300 THE CGC WAY; Braille Edition.

Final grades Asm 300 9.4

Astonishing 29 9.6

Spider-Man 300

Thinking it has a few spine tics and a production flaw/chip at the bottom of the spine. I slabbed my OO copy years ago that was nicer and it go a 9.6 so I'm thinking this one is 9.0-9.4 range.

Can't tell if there are any stains or finger prints in the small scan on my phone but overall I'm thinking that CGC would be generous at 9.4 and harsh at 9.0. So it's likely a 9.2/9.4.

With that said, there really aren't any other damage/wear so withou some micro creasing its all dependent on how many spine tics it has so I'm going to be generous and say 9.4.

Astonishing 29

Wow. Pretty copy. Minimal flaws and a date arrival stamp on the back. Can't tell If there is any water line above the date stamp but I want to just call this a beauty. Probably a pedigree? 9.8 would be very unlikely with the date stamp not being clean and the very minor edge wear. Staples are great and show little to no wear due to placement and no evidence of being read.

A 9.2/9.4 would a conservative guess assuming there are flaws I can't see on my iPhone but I'm really liking the book and would be happy buying it as a 9.4/9.6 raw unless I'm missing a defect.

It really boils down to how much CGC likes the overall look and considering the date stamp.

I like the book and want to call it a 9.6.

And this was a poor performance in the top 10....go figure

A lot of great runs. Azkaban has had a meteoric rise and is in contention to win it all. Good job, :applause:

Thank You (worship) I would be happy to just finish in the top five, heck I would be happy to finish in the top ten with this kind of competition :ohnoez:

A lot of great runs. Azkaban has had a meteoric rise and is in contention to win it all. Good job, :applause:

Thank You (worship) I would be happy to just finish in the top five, heck I would be happy to finish in the top ten with this kind of competition :ohnoez:

My only goal is to finish above Dave (KPR Comics) so I can continue to undergrade the comics I'm buying from him and convince him I know what I'm talking about.

My only goal is to finish above Dave (KPR Comics) so I can continue to undergrade the comics I'm buying from him and convince him I know what I'm talking about.

lol

Prepare to be looking up when this is done. I've switched back to my MacBook pro. iPad viewing has been the bane.

I'm happy to be relatively close on my grading, even if I'm undergrading and additionally happy to sitting at 34. I missed last year and finished in the catacombs the year prior. Still shaking my head at the Avengers 57, FF 46, and Spidey 300.

Impressive grading by so many participants!

Here's a little context: in order to make it into the top 7 at the moment, you'd have to be averaging 6.25 points per round... or more than 3 points per book.

On average, you couldn't be more than 1 grade off on every book.

Meanwhile, toro is averaging 3.625 per book.