• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Marvel Titles in October

276 posts in this topic

I thought Amazing Spider-Man 1 was one of the worst Spider-Man comics I've read in 10 years... maybe more actually.

I disagree sir.

I found it to be pure Dan Slott Spidey fun!

It didn't read or feel like Peter Parker. It read like Marvel Cinematic Universe Tony Stark as Spider-Man.

Thought it was pure Peter Parker...

Giving the speech with his fly down.

He's on top, & he still can't win.

Loved it...

( They DO have the worst Alex Ross covers, ever )

I do not like the Ross covers on Amazing.

There are dozens of variants to choose from but I would rather spend more money on more comic books to read.

I thought Amazing Spider-Man 1 was one of the worst Spider-Man comics I've read in 10 years... maybe more actually.

Sadly, I agree. All of the essence of Peter Parker is gone, replaced by a Tony Stark/Bruce Wayne archetype with deus ex machina tech gadgets for every situation. :(

Sadly, I agree. All of the essence of Peter Parker is gone, replaced by a Tony Stark/Bruce Wayne archetype with deus ex machina tech gadgets for every situation. :(

Couldn't disagree more.

Peter built his web-shooters as a teenager.

Personally I always thought his "genius' aspect was underplayed.

Love seeing where he's at a an adult.

LOVE seeing groundwork laid for the return of Superior-Spider-Man too...

I like Karnak. More of a mystical being instead of the Kato sidekick that he has been in the comics.

I find it most interesting about him that he has not undergone Terrigenesis, so his Inhuman form remains to be seen. However, they did just kill the guy and have him find the weakness in the afterlife so he could karate chop back to the land of the living.

I am an an Inhuman reader though, that rabbit hole I am exploring.

Couldn't disagree more.

I thought Marvel de-aged Peter to be a teenage slacker? Now he's an adult who wields tech gadgets? It's hard to understand why Marvel spent considerable good will putting Peter through the ringer years ago and arguing that the character needs to stay young (ala Archie) only to see them age the character again. My guess, they are aligning him for how he will be in the movie-verse.

Couldn't disagree more.

I thought Marvel de-aged Peter to be a teenage slacker? Now he's an adult who wields tech gadgets? It's hard to understand why Marvel spent considerable good will putting Peter through the ringer years ago and arguing that the character needs to stay young (ala Archie) only to see them age the character again. My guess, they are aligning him for how he will be in the movie-verse.

My guess, they are aligning him for how he will be in the movie-verse.

I would say that's the case with the ENTIRE line of Marvel comics.

Yes.

Read Iron Man.

THAT'S the Doctor Doom we're going to be getting in the movies.

( I know Marvel doesn't have the rights yet, but they will )

Anyway...

I love the relaunch.

You guys hate it.

Couldn't disagree more.

Yes.

Read Iron Man.

Anyway...

I love the relaunch.

You guys hate it.

Who is "you guys"? (shrug)

Couldn't disagree more.

Yes.

Read Iron Man.

Anyway...

I love the relaunch.

You guys hate it.

Seriously, who's "you guys"? Classic inflamitory comments from Larry :facepalm:

I'm enjoying the relaunch a lot.

Couldn't disagree more.

Yes.

Read Iron Man.

Anyway...

I love the relaunch.

You guys hate it.

Seriously, who's "you guys"? Classic inflamitory comments from Larry :facepalm:

I'm enjoying the relaunch a lot.

*shrug*

Okee Dokee

Now everybody likes it....

I think Larry only likes it cause he sees big dollar signs with all the number 1s.

When I first got into comics I was a Marvel Guy.

I've always had a particular fondness for the characters.

Thought the last "relaunch" made NO sense.

Love this one & how it's all the old is tied to new with a tight continuity.

It's historic BUT it's new.

And I smell money...

I think this relaunch has been a mess. Not finishing the major event prior to the relaunch has really put the damper on it. The entire thing feels anti climatic.

It doesn't mean some of the books aren't good, but they feel off when we don't know how we got there. I don't get the point of Renew Your Vows.

Peter felt goofy and fake in the new book. It seemed like a huge jump in characterization.

The entire universe feels a mess.

I think this relaunch has been a mess. Not finishing the major event prior to the relaunch has really put the damper on it. The entire thing feels anti climatic.

It doesn't mean some of the books aren't good, but they feel off when we don't know how we got there. I don't get the point of Renew Your Vows.

Peter felt goofy and fake in the new book. It seemed like a huge jump in characterization.

The entire universe feels a mess.

Yes and when you factor in the "reason" for this current Marvel reboot was to clean up things makes me laugh. Its all lip service to sell more number 1's plain and simple its not about content and its not about continuation of quality to the characters. 2c

I disagree sir.

I found it to be pure Dan Slott Spidey fun!

It didn't read or feel like Peter Parker. It read like Marvel Cinematic Universe Tony Stark as Spider-Man.

Slott on Spider-Man has always been a "hit and miss" as far as characterization goes, it seems, but I do have the impression that writers are subdued more and more to the influence of editors and the publisher when they have to go a certain way, in a way that has no precedents. hm

"Renew Your Vows" seemed nice for being written by him (I have yet to read it in full) but was that supposed to show a "fixed" timeline where they were trying to undo the utter nonsense of "One More Day"? After all, if there is something one can’t blame Slott for it’s "One More Day". He came after that, right?