• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

well there's a drop dead date for turning in the ticket so you can't be all stealthy forever....I wouldn't be surprised if someone saw color, put the lid back on the box and didn't even check between the issues for the ticket.

Is Skybound announcing every ticket that is claimed? May be best to touch base with them in some way if they are not. I'm not too sure if they feel obligated to announce the winner via social media or whathaveyou but it may be claimed and never seen again if someone bought it on a whim because they like the show and they thought they'd give the comic a try this way. I'm still hoping a purchase wasn't made like this and the ticket was tossed away because it looked too good to be true.

Ehh I'm going to flip through my books again.

well there's a drop dead date for turning in the ticket so you can't be all stealthy forever....I wouldn't be surprised if someone saw color, put the lid back on the box and didn't even check between the issues for the ticket.

Really? What is the date?

]

Really? What is the date?

One year to claim the ticket. Not sure if that year began when SDCC started or finished, but it's a year.

Not to put this out there…again…but I'm betting someone has found the ticket and just not announced it yet…so continue buying if you so dare but to me the B&W set would be the only justifiable payoff left to keep getting them. 2c

The B&W set definitely pays for itself and at least another box or two (assuming all are NM+-ish condition)

Why would someone do that? What would their motivation be? Of course, it is possible, but I do not think it is probable.

Well…let's just say you were sitting on 80 boxes (or a large amount) - and you had a client who you knew found it (or you found it) - would your odds of selling your boxes increase or decrease if you made public your announcement? (shrug)

To be honest, If that were me (as the seller) I wouldn't want it getting out if I still had a large inventory to move…

This has been my thought all along. If a dealer opened a box and found it they are going to keep quiet until they've sold through their inventory. If a dealer sold it to a customer, and the customer either opened it in front of the dealer, or told the dealer that he got the WD ticket, the dealer might have made it worth the customers while to keep it quiet for a while till the inventory was sold (store credit, a few extra boxes, or whatever)...

This only makes sense. My original questioning of why somebody would withhold the information was based on the person doing so on their own volition. In today's world, I would be amazed if somebody on their own volition would sit on the ticket because the urge to Tweet or Facebook it would be overwhelming. However, if somebody is sweetening the pot, the situation changes.

I find it interesting that "THE" ticket is conveniently not being found

Makes the mind wonder

Somewhere way back in this thread when SDCC was still going on, I suggested that it was in Skybound's best interest to ensure that THE ticket is not found early in the proceedings. If THE ticket was found on day one of the convention like some other tickets were, I think box sales would have slowed. Others have suggested that people still would have bought the boxes even if THE ticket was found. This is true, but people on these boards have bought 4,5, 6 boxes because of that ticket. If it was just about getting a black and white set, this could have been done cheaper.

Hmmmmm

I pose this question to you conspiracy theorists:

If you were the one that found the ticket (in the scenario that Miraclemet outlined above), and the dealer offered you something (extra boxes, a B&W set, etc.) to keep your mouth shut, would you?

It depends on the SWAG. A black and white set for sure, but I think I would stealthy let people on the board know through PMing, especially if I pulled the ticket when this thread was on page 60 or something. To not let board members know would be a betrayal of board brothers and sisters.

i was hoping to get multiple black and white sets for cheap... one to keep and one to sell... i ended up with trying to sell 5 color sets without losing the farm... which brings me to my next thought... i have a feeling that its us boardies undercutting each other on feebay making the boxes worthless lol... ill keep them before i sell a box for 50-60 bucks... or a WD or outcast under 25...

i was hoping to get multiple black and white sets for cheap... one to keep and one to sell... i ended up with trying to sell 5 color sets without losing the farm... which brings me to my next thought... i have a feeling that its us boardies undercutting each other on feebay making the boxes worthless lol... ill keep them before i sell a box for 50-60 bucks... or a WD or outcast under 25...

That could be said about the whole market IMO.

Just came off vacation, had zero luck in vegas except in Poker (why oh why do I try other games??). Just thought I'd check in to see if the golden ticket was found hah.

I'm surprised by the very little of sealed that's left to purchase tho, so perhaps the ticket has been found.

I cannot believe people continue to do "auction" style listings in August (known for slower sales, back to school, etc etc). http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYBOUND-5th-ANNIVERSARY-BOX-SET-SEALED-SDCC-2015-SAN-DIEGO-COMIC-CON-KIRKMAN-1-/291529921230?hash=item43e08992ce

I'm tempted to buy a couple of more since i had to cancel with JesseJames, due to delays, but kudos to him for sending me some nice product for free for the delays!!