• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

the boxes i bought direct from skybound all had the upc sticker on the shrinkwrap on the back of the box. i see most of the sellers on ebay have back pics and no upc label. ??? buyer beware or not all have the sticker?? hm

Neither of the boxes I bought directly from Skybound had upc stickers on the shrink wrap. (shrug)

Maybe boxes with the UPS stickers are an indication that there is a golden ticket inside :idea:

the boxes i bought direct from skybound all had the upc sticker on the shrinkwrap on the back of the box. i see most of the sellers on ebay have back pics and no upc label. ??? buyer beware or not all have the sticker?? hm

Neither of the boxes I bought directly from Skybound had upc stickers on the shrink wrap. (shrug)

Maybe boxes with the UPS stickers are an indication that there is a golden ticket inside :idea:

my boxes from skybound had the upc stickers...

so my boxes didnt get shipped from jessejames today... but i thought about the email he sent me... i asked how he was still getting them and he said he ordered a ton of them... the more i think about it... im starting to question the 1750 print run guess... there seems to be a lot of these floating around still... and im trying to wrap my head around how they couldnt move 1750 of these things at sdcc with 100k+ attendees over three days... when schmucks like me have bought 6 myself...

so my boxes didnt get shipped from jessejames today... but i thought about the email he sent me... i asked how he was still getting them and he said he ordered a ton of them... the more i think about it... im starting to question the 1750 print run guess... there seems to be a lot of these floating around still... and im trying to wrap my head around how they couldnt move 1750 of these things at sdcc with 100k+ attendees over three days... when schmucks like me have bought 6 myself...

There maybe a 100k+ attendees at SDCC, but please remember not all of them are there for comic books..... I find majority of people attending conventions are not into comics, but are into films, TV, and thee favorite actors/actresses. Heck Marvel films used SDCC as there film preview.

I would say that less than 1% are into comics, and even a smaller percentage are into modern.

I was walking to the CCG booth (located near comic dealers) when I overhear these girls (early 20's) say "oh we are in the comic area.. lets turn around"

I wanted to yell but then I remember the calmest part of the con was in the comic area and that wasn't a bad thing

My order from Jesse James has now shipped. I check here multiple times each day, hoping to NOT see that the Big One has been claimed. My luck is that the day it arrives someone will post that its claimed.

But who am I kidding, the universe hates me. Mine will be color/no ticket anyways.

received my first 2 of 6 boxes today.

first box was black and white :):banana:

second box will be opened tomorrow

second box was a color set, no ticket.

Received boxes 3,4 and 5 from dre today ( nukeproof packaging btw.).

box 3 - color, no ticket.

box 4 - black and white :banana:

box 5 - will be opened later :)

Are the redemtion tickets located on top of the books, between the books or inside one of them ?

I was walking to the CCG booth (located near comic dealers) when I overhear these girls (early 20's) say "oh we are in the comic area.. lets turn around"

I wanted to yell but then I remember the calmest part of the con was in the comic area and that wasn't a bad thing

I over heard one guy say to another ( early 20s also ) " this is like the flea market area " when looking towards the big dealer tables.

No news on any other tickets begin pulled?

My bud pulled a parking ticket off his windshield yesterday... :kidaround:

I'm assuming other tickets must have been found/redeemed that we just don't know about.

In other news, I'm trying to access the Skybound shop and I'm getting an error message... Anyone else experiencing this issue? :shrug:

Third time's a charm, I'm in.

No news on any other tickets begin pulled?

My bud pulled a parking ticket off his windshield yesterday... :kidaround:

I'm assuming other tickets must have been found/redeemed that we just don't know about.

In other news, I'm trying to access the Skybound shop and I'm getting an error message... Anyone else experiencing this issue? :shrug:

Third time's a charm, I'm in.

I thought these boards knew everything.