• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

Don't drink tonight to cover your sorrows....you will end up ordering more boxes :baiting:

QFT! lol

I've no manner of luck with these things either; never have. I could've ordered ten boxes and they would probably all have been regular sets and no ticket.

Are the redemtion tickets located on top of the books, between the books or inside one of them ?

It's been mentioned here that tickets have been between books.

I better check mine one more time . . .

Received mine today from Jesse James.

Naturally, color and no ticket.

But the good news is they are all in about as perfect shape as can be (with the exception of witch doctor, which has a little damage to one corner).

Plus Jesse threw in a few goodies, which I assume is his way of apologizing for the delay.

He's aces in my book now :)

PS. I'm waiting on some money owed me, which if it actually comes in I will probably order another if the super ticket hasn't shown itself.

Not to put this out there…again…but I'm betting someone has found the ticket and just not announced it yet…so continue buying if you so dare but to me the B&W set would be the only justifiable payoff left to keep getting them. 2c

The B&W set definitely pays for itself and at least another box or two (assuming all are NM+-ish condition)

Honestly, I agree with you. The Big One probably has been found. It's just the justification my inner gambler needs to maybe buy another :)

But you're also right that a B/W would be an excellent score, and the more realistic one.

Not to put this out there…again…but I'm betting someone has found the ticket and just not announced it yet…so continue buying if you so dare but to me the B&W set would be the only justifiable payoff left to keep getting them. 2c

The B&W set definitely pays for itself and at least another box or two (assuming all are NM+-ish condition)

Why would someone do that? What would their motivation be? Of course, it is possible, but I do not think it is probable.

Why would someone do that? What would their motivation be? Of course, it is possible, but I do not think it is probable.

Well…let's just say you were sitting on 80 boxes (or a large amount) - and you had a client who you knew found it (or you found it) - would your odds of selling your boxes increase or decrease if you made public your announcement? (shrug)

To be honest, If that were me (as the seller) I wouldn't want it getting out if I still had a large inventory to move…

But buy as many as you want (or whoever wants to) - I'm just saying that at some point you have to consider that you're just buying more and more color boxes to increase your personal inventory (most likely) or should be aiming to land a B&W box. If this is your goal or you're okay with that then by all means go for it :)

If they are not on the boards and are in no rush to send it in, it could happen.

Its a big world out there.....if I wasn't on the boards you guys would not of known I have one of the Birthright tickets..........and honestly I haven't even given it a thought about sending it in.Just saying some people are in no rush even to claim prizes sometimes.

Well…let's just say you were sitting on 80 boxes (or a large amount) - and you had a client who you knew found it (or you found it) - would your odds of selling your boxes increase or decrease if you made public your announcement? (shrug)

To be honest, If that were me (as the seller) I wouldn't want it getting out if I still had a large inventory to move…

But buy as many as you want (or whoever wants to) - I'm just saying that at some point you have to consider that you're just buying more and more color boxes to increase your personal inventory (most likely) or should be aiming to land a B&W box. If this is your goal or you're okay with that then by all means go for it :)

I gambled early on and lost (color no ticket).

Instead of buying another box, I bought the B&W issue I wanted (Invincible) off of eBay for a fraction of what boxes are going for.

I agree, its like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at this point. Unless you have multiple sets of grandparents sleeping together in a bed in your living room, you don't have what it takes.

Everyone is looking for a golden ticket while Slugworth is still slinging everlasting gobstopper knock-offs.

This has been my thought all along. If a dealer opened a box and found it they are going to keep quiet until they've sold through their inventory. If a dealer sold it to a customer, and the customer either opened it in front of the dealer, or told the dealer that he got the WD ticket, the dealer might have made it worth the customers while to keep it quiet for a while till the inventory was sold (store credit, a few extra boxes, or whatever)...

I pose this question to you conspiracy theorists:

If you were the one that found the ticket (in the scenario that Miraclemet outlined above), and the dealer offered you something (extra boxes, a B&W set, etc.) to keep your mouth shut, would you?