• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well haven't said much about this but sure could use some positive vibes/prayers

87 posts in this topic

My God. There's nothing worse than the loss of a loved one. Whether it's suddenly or after a long illness, there's a void and a darkness at the center of it that is hard to escape. The only thing I can say is, every day will get easier (even just slightly) than the day before it.

Remember the good moments, the time together. Treasure the memories amidst the tragedy.

Amen to the note above. It is bang on.

My deepest condolences for your loss. I hope you can take some comfort from what I know in my heart of hearts to be true: that that part of your sister and niece (and all those who died) which made them who they are, still exits. And given the circumstances of their death, you can live in the sure hope that they are now in a place of profound peace and joy. I just lost my mum a few weeks ago and this is a very real comfort for me so I pass it along in the hope it does the same for you.

Allow yourself the chance to grieve and time, the great healer, will slowly ease your pain. And rest assured that I will pray for you and your family. -MP

You and your family will be in my prayer's tonight and for the foreseeable future.

be well, and yes...please take it easy and one day at a time.

That is horrific. So incredibly sorry for your sudden senseless loss. Positive thoughts and prayers to your and your family.

I just lost my mom in March. I've found comfort in listening to a handful of voicemails that I've saved of hers. Pictures of her over the years, her texts to me and others. Even finding her signature on things makes her feel her presence a bit more strongly. I talk to her all the time like she's listening to me and right here in the room with me. It still feels surreal all these months later. Just stay strong and keep talking to them. I fully believe they can still hear you.

Man, I saw this on the news and thought it was just such a tragic event. I cursed the driver when they spoke about him; pure scum.

I'm so very sorry for your loss; my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Honor your family by remembering them and living your life in a way that would make them proud. Try to forgive so you don't live with hate in your heart, because hate will eat away at you and make you miserable.

:foryou:

So so sorry for your loss. I have been reading about this story every day in the local Patch and paper. Such a tragic event. again so sorry for your loss and my deepest sympathies to you and your family.