• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIZARD STOCK IN FREE FALL
1 1

375 posts in this topic

The company needs to merge with geppi/ diamond or Hollywood collectors show to survive..

They'll do just fine if they focus on their best 8-10 shows and get out of tiny markets like Des Moines that can't support them.

The company needs to merge with geppi/ diamond or Hollywood collectors show to survive..

They'll do just fine if they focus on their best 8-10 shows and get out of tiny markets like Des Moines that can't support them.

Agree.

Over aggressive expansion without capital to pay for the growing pains of each show will reflect in fall of share price.

And Pittsburgh. Viva La Pittsburgh Comicon!

Well, it's better than what Renee George had been putting together for the past few years since her husband got locked up for that murder charge.

There's also a live show being planned for WW Chicago. So far it consists of about 5 of us with John Dolmayan from System Of A Down playing drums and a supporting band made up of a few people. We plan on doing a dozen or so cover songs. Mostly heavy rock oriented.

Gang, just wanted to follow up on this in case anyone was actually looking forward to our planned show. We've been trying to get Wizard to make this happen but it seems that from they were unable to follow through with venue / programming / etc and unable to make it happen on their end. Pretty bummed as we were looking forward to it.

I've been in close touch with JD on it and we're going to see if we can get it to happen at another show, possibly C2E2 or similar sized venue.

NYCC :wishluck:

WW Chicago in Rosemont was the perfect venue because the show has a large attendance but the small town feel of Rosemont makes everything accessible and relatively inexpensive.

I thought about NYC but space is at a premium at that show and venues are expensive. And the fact that everyone is scattered all over NYC makes it less than ideal.

Regardless, we'd all like it to happen. I'll make an announcement when we decide on where it's going to be.

Roy, NYCC has expanded to "Super Week" where they do events and shows leading up to the Con. (So in theory it could be Wednesday Night before the start of the show, rather than during the con, but everyone is already in town anyway.) Last year for instance they had Hodor from Game of Thrones do a DJ set. Given JD's fame, I wouldn't be surprised if you could reach out to Reed Pop and see if they can work with you to put something together. If you want more of a "small town" vibe, contact the guys at Maxwell's Tavern in Hoboken. Great place to play, smaller more intimate feel. http://maxwellsnj.com/calendar/ Plus given the ease of commute from NYC (126 bus from Port Authority, Path train from Penn Station) I am sure it would be easy to get people to come.

Can you ask when SOAD is getting back together for another album lol

Or did I post that already?

They just toured last year. (shrug)

I know Serj is doing a lot of solo stuff but they haven't separated.

Not sure why you think Roy is out there singing lead.

He's been playing guitar for Kirk Hammett when he is tired and needs a night off.

When Slash needs him he throws on the hat he wore at his wedding and dyes his hair jet black

Snarls a little more then usual.

When Slash needs him he throws on the hat he wore at his wedding and dyes his hair jet black

Slash was my Hallowe'en costume a few years back...I should have gone for David Coverdale instead. :frustrated:

NYCC :wishluck:

WW Chicago in Rosemont was the perfect venue because the show has a large attendance but the small town feel of Rosemont makes everything accessible and relatively inexpensive.

I thought about NYC but space is at a premium at that show and venues are expensive. And the fact that everyone is scattered all over NYC makes it less than ideal.

Regardless, we'd all like it to happen. I'll make an announcement when we decide on where it's going to be.

You forgot to mention about the lighting.

Pretty sure the show is going to happen. Apparently the guy who bought them is a billionaire. From what I hear, they are going to try to focus more on comics, less on celebrities.

The Chicago Comicon is still the premiere Comic Book show in the country. More books there than anywhere that I have been.

Edited by Dale Roberts