• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman # 1 - Where Are All The High Grade Copies ?

219 posts in this topic

I think if the 8.0 were for sale, it could fetch up to $1.25 mil. If it was just a lone 8.0 copy maybe closer to $2 mil?

2 million !

Thats alot of cheddar but maybe.

Well, it won't happen because of the 2nd 8.0 copy

I think if the 8.0 were for sale, it could fetch up to $1.25 mil. If it was just a lone 8.0 copy maybe closer to $2 mil?

2 million !

How sure are we that the 'second' copy is really a second copy? Because, you know...

Collectors Bookstore published its first catalog in 1965. A nice copy of Batman #1 was $100, a nice copy of Superman #1 was $100, and a nice copy of the Flash Gordon Feature Book #25 was $150. That was the market 50 years ago!

2 million !

The first 8.0 is the mile high and offers of more than 2 mil have been rejected as late at this last sdcc.

Back in 2010 we owned the lone 6.0 blue label. Someone recently offered me 500k thinking I still owned it (we sold it years ago)

Sorry, I was hopped up on goofballs at the time. Thinking you still owned it.

Collectors Bookstore published its first catalog in 1965. A nice copy of Batman #1 was $100, a nice copy of Superman #1 was $100, and a nice copy of the Flash Gordon Feature Book #25 was $150. That was the market 50 years ago!

I just acquired an issue of Destiny (a small sci-fi fanzine from 1950) and it has a Wanted ad from Malcolm Willits (of Collectors Bookstore fame, along with Leonard Brown) looking for Golden Age books 1935 up.

So even as a youngster - 65 years ago - Malcolm was after the good stuff.

Oh to be a part of Collectors Bookstore back in the day (my first visit to them was circa 1980 and I was amazed even then).

Well, I don't think there really is one. From what I understand VF is basically the top of the mountain.

There's at least one better copy in the likeliest collection for the best Superman #1.

Yes. Beschara still owns (pubic knowledge).

You have pubic knowledge of Bechara? :o

he'd have carnal knowledge of Bechara if he thought he could get his grubby mitts on the Superman 1 MH