• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is pressing really worth the time and money?

162 posts in this topic

I am just giving you a hard time, but really you don't see how posting definition style wording comes off as a humiliation tactic, especially on a typo on one word.

If you want to look at it as humiliation, that's your choice, but you should understand that it's a choice made on a faulty premise.

But if someone really wanted to humiliate you, you provide a lot more opportunity than just this. You've used "looser" in the past, and you haven't been corrected on it until now (that I can recall, nor that I keep tabs. That was Watson's thing.)

I will be the first to admit if it wasn't for spellcheck I would probably be homeless, but I am not going to correct other people's wording with definitions in a degrading manner all the time which you enjoy doing on the boards. For who for what? (Ricky Waters :cloud9:)

You were not degraded. You were corrected. There's a remarkable difference.

As I have said before, if all I cared about was correcting people, I'd be doing nothing else on this board 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.

And when I'm corrected, and I've been corrected many times on this board, I say "thanks, I appreciate the correction." No fuss, no muss.

Yes I know exactly who you are....so if you know who I am why don't you come up and say hi and interact in real life. Maybe you can even correct my speech over a beer. ;)

I could certainly say the same thing to you, could I not? If you "saw me at Terry's", why didn't you say hi?

Are you intimidated by my stunning (bad) looks and devastating (lack of) charm...?

Besides...it's hard to misspell when you're talking.

:D

I am just giving you a hard time, but really you don't see how posting definition style wording comes off as a humiliation tactic, especially on a typo on one word.

If you want to look at it as humiliation, that's your choice, but you should understand that it's a choice made on a faulty premise.

But if someone really wanted to humiliate you, you provide a lot more opportunity than just this. You've used "looser" in the past, and you haven't been corrected on it until now (that I can recall, nor that I keep tabs. That was Watson's thing.)

I will be the first to admit if it wasn't for spellcheck I would probably be homeless, but I am not going to correct other people's wording with definitions in a degrading manner all the time which you enjoy doing on the boards. For who for what? (Ricky Waters :cloud9:)

You were not degraded. You were corrected. There's a remarkable difference.

As I have said before, if all I cared about was correcting people, I'd be doing nothing else on this board 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.

And when I'm corrected, and I've been corrected many times on this board, I say "thanks, I appreciate the correction." No fuss, no muss.

Yes I know exactly who you are....so if you know who I am why don't you come up and say hi and interact in real life. Maybe you can even correct my speech over a beer. ;)

I could certainly say the same thing to you, could I not? If you "saw me at Terry's", why didn't you say hi?

Are you intimidated by my stunning (bad) looks and devastating (lack of) charm...?

Besides...it's hard to misspell when you're talking.

:D

For me I look at it a little different than you are just trying to help me out, but I believe you so fair enough.

I would just as a good manager does correct someone in private (maybe in our case a PM) and not in public. That is just me though.

Well in January I expect you and I say hello. (thumbs u

I am also not going to be quoting anymore with the other thread concerning the artist/writer thing. We can discuss that in person.

For me I look at it a little different than you are just trying to help me out, but I believe you so fair enough.

Of course. Very few people like to be corrected. And helping someone isn't limited to responding in a way that always makes that person feel warm and fuzzy.

If you were walking towards a cliff, and I yelled at you to stop and pushed you out of the way, would you be mad at me because I yelled at and pushed you, if you didn't see the cliff...?

hm

Not that misspelling is even close to the same, but it illustrates the principle that what may be help may not be seen as such all the time.

I would just as a good manager does correct someone in private (maybe in our case a PM) and not in public. That is just me though.

I'm not your manager, and doing it privately wouldn't have been nearly as effective.

:cloud9:

Why wait? I'll be at Baltimore. :ohnoez:

Ricky Watters. :baiting:

Plus, if those clothes you had cleaned and pressed are from Elvis Presley's first performance in Vegas, then you most certainly devalued them on the collector's market. ;)

Ricky Watters. :baiting:

Plus, if those clothes you had cleaned and pressed are from Elvis Presley's first performance in Vegas, then you most certainly devalued them on the collector's market. ;)

How about them Phillies Bob. :o

Of course. Very few people like to be corrected. And helping someone isn't limited to responding in a way that always makes that person feel warm and fuzzy.

If you were walking towards a cliff, and I yelled at you to stop and pushed you out of the way, would you be mad at me because I yelled at and pushed you, if you didn't see the cliff...?

hm

Not that misspelling is even close to the same, but it illustrates the principle that what may be help may not be seen as such all the time.

I'm not your manager, and doing it privately wouldn't have been nearly as effective.

:cloud9:

Why wait? I'll be at Baltimore. :ohnoez:

hm

I should be there.

I didn't know this was a hook up site?

You two should have a fun first date :cloud9:

No I only use Tinder for that. :baiting:

My best bud from high school is living in Germany and travels a lot for work and swears by some of those sites. I'm married 21 years so I have no interest in even looking. It'd be the death of me :lol:

I didn't know this was a hook up site?

You two should have a fun first date :cloud9:

No I only use Tinder for that. :baiting:

My best bud from high school is living in Germany and travels a lot for work and swears by some of those sites. I'm married 21 years so I have no interest in even looking. It'd be the death of me :lol:

marriage is death for us all.

Same everything for life. :cry:

Grass is always greener.

Yup. Single people wonder what a good relationship is like.

People who are in relationships wonder what a good single life is like.

Both are VERY tough to find and make work. I just need to remind myself how many times as a single guy out of 50+ weekends a year I'd come home alone. That helps keep things in perspective.

Grass is always greener.

Yup. Single people wonder what a good relationship is like.

People who are in relationships wonder what a good single life is like.

Both are VERY tough to find and make work. I just need to remind myself how many times as a single guy out of 50+ weekends a year I'd come home alone. That helps keep things in perspective.

All I am going to say Roy is WW Philly and that elevator ride. haha