• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four will historically be known as what killed the comic movie craze!

490 posts in this topic

honestly, "luck of the draw?" even after the guy on AICN, who had obviously seen FF and destroyed it, you defended the movie by attacking him. let it go, you defended this piece of krap when it was becoming increasingly obvious all signs pointed to the debacle it ended up being.

I don't know Chuck or Paperheart well but I also agree that flop was being telegraphed for a long time before anybody even saw a trailer. It wasn't that hard to see who much turmoil the film was being put through.

And when the trailers landed there was what I thought was a 50/50 reaction. Not stellar by any means.

And by the time the film arrived people were tearing it to bits and media was all over the place on personal news about people who were involved with the film.

Whatever Fox did, they F'd up huge on this and it was telegraphed way in advance of the film hitting the screen.

And believe me, being a lifelong FF fan who believes FF #1 should be more valuable than AF #15, I was sorely disappointed. But I also detached and saw it for what it was.

honestly, "luck of the draw?" even after the guy on AICN, who had obviously seen FF and destroyed it, you defended the movie by attacking him. let it go, you defended this piece of krap when it was becoming increasingly obvious all signs pointed to the debacle it ended up being.

You are referring to the fellow that said The Thing would change into character when he got mad? I definitely pointed that out because it was clear he was making it up. How about when he called Kate Mara and Michael B. Jordan the 'Orea Twins' and then when people on that site called him out on that comment, he told them they probably suck black :censored: ?

Are you seeing that as a credible source?

And if defending a movie is clearly pointing out you like the teaser and early trailer, and if they would stick with the sci-fi focus and less on the teen angst it could be a success - color me a defender.

That's what I saw early on once the content started coming out. But then it kept changing and even I pointed that out as getting confusing. But I had hoped there was something positive hidden in this production.

Oh, there was something hidden alright.

Is this a sign Fox is getting more cautious with comic adaptations?

Mark Millars Nemesis Moves To Warner Bros

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/08/10/mark-millars-nemesis-moves-to-warner-bros/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Who is Mark Millar's Nemesis? I'm guessing Comix4fun.

Mark Millar’s Nemesis Moves To Warner Bros

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/08/10/mark-millars-nemesis-moves-to-warner-bros/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

No, It means Fox doesn't have a clue on how to make a comic movie, so they better back off. This movie from the trailer alone looked like garbage. A black human torch named Johnny Storm who happens to have a sister named Sue Storm who also happens to be white? Sounds like a Blockbuster record breaker to me...They only made this to keep the FF rights from Marvel. Fox hires bad writers, bad directors, bad actors and micro manage every movie. No the superhero bubble hasn't popped but Fox's superhero movie making days sure are.

No, It means Fox doesn't have a clue on how to make a comic movie, so they better back off. This movie from the trailer alone looked like garbage. A black human torch named Johnny Storm who happens to have a sister named Sue Storm who also happens to be white? Sounds like a Blockbuster record breaker to me...They only made this to keep the FF rights from Marvel. Fox hires bad writers, bad directors, bad actors and micro manage every movie. No the superhero bubble hasn't popped but Fox's superhero movie making days sure are.

I'd disagree there. Deadpool looks like a winner and X-Men Apocalypse (aside from the look of Apocalypse) is on course to be another winner along side DOFP. I'd say comic property wise they won't touch anything else for a good while, but they will double down on their mutant property.

No, It means Fox doesn't have a clue on how to make a comic Fantastic Four movie, so they better back off. This movie from the trailer alone looked like garbage. A black human torch named Johnny Storm who happens to have a sister named Sue Storm who also happens to be white? Sounds like a Blockbuster record breaker to me...They only made this to keep the FF rights from Marvel. Fox hires bad writers, bad directors, bad actors and micro manage every movie. No the superhero bubble hasn't popped but Fox's superhero movie making days sure are.

This! (thumbs u

Marvel Studios/Disney needs to get FF into their stable of properties. My 2c

This! (thumbs u

All Fox has to do is spend even less on the film next time, release it, and continue to retain the rights. Due to the current bad relationship between Marvel Studios and Fox over character rights I don't see Fox returning the rights to Disney.

On the flip side, if they put some effort into it they could turn the property into an Ant-Man type play. Nothing huge, but a decent win for a 3rd tier franchise..........

I'd disagree there. Deadpool looks like a winner and X-Men Apocalypse (aside from the look of Apocalypse) is on course to be another winner along side DOFP. I'd say comic property wise they won't touch anything else for a good while, but they will double down on their mutant property.

+1 No way can I agree that the recent X-Men movies are busts, nor do the future look it.

No, It means Fox doesn't have a clue on how to make a comic Fantastic Four movie, so they better back off. This movie from the trailer alone looked like garbage. A black human torch named Johnny Storm who happens to have a sister named Sue Storm who also happens to be white? Sounds like a Blockbuster record breaker to me...They only made this to keep the FF rights from Marvel. Fox hires bad writers, bad directors, bad actors and micro manage every movie. No the superhero bubble hasn't popped but Fox's superhero movie making days sure are.

This! (thumbs u

All Fox has to do is spend even less on the film next time, release it, and continue to retain the rights. Due to the current bad relationship between Marvel Studios and Fox over character rights I don't see Fox returning the rights to Disney.

On the flip side, if they put some effort into it they could turn the property into an Ant-Man type play. Nothing huge, but a decent win for a 3rd tier franchise..........

This would be a zero sum gain for Fox and might introduce risk for other comic character projects with greater potential if it looks like they're just holding onto the property to spite Marvel Studios/Disney.

The best option for an amicable solution would be for Fox to negotiate selling the rights back to Marvel Studios/Disney early rather than running the clock on another lackluster production. With some kind of under the table trade concessions on the back end everyone would come away happy without risk of BO loses.

Hey, it's Hollywood! Anything's possible! (thumbs u

You think a multi-billion dollar company would throw tens of millions of dollars down the drain just to play games and be spiteful? I don't see anyone falling that lead.

It's business pure and simple and any business will do whatever they feel will make them the most money. Cold. Clinical. any other route is a recipe for going out of business.