• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the greatest single issue you've ever read?

107 posts in this topic

DD #181

Best. Comic. Ever.

When you look back at decades and a few books come to mind immediately, those are the ones!

That would include for me the Alan Moore Swamp Thing with the underwater vampires and the issue of Gotham Central where Montoya takes it outside with Corrigan and they beat the hell out of each other.

But me, I'm magic!

I see a lot of the usual suspects- ASM #121, X-Men #137, DD #181, etc. All great comics. But for me it's Marvel Two-in-One Annual #2. Although it's part two of the story that began in Avengers Annual #7, MTIO Annual #2 is great by itself. It's the culmination of the grand, cosmic epic by Starlin.

mtioann2_zpsc7vspdwm.jpg

Fav ever story

Swamp Thing Annual no.2 "Down Amongst The Dead Men"

Superlative plot, dialogue, pace, art, colouring - just a fantastic comic, 1st read as a 13 year old in 1985!

300px-Swamp_Thing_Annual_Vol_2_2.jpg

The books that I remember from my childhood were in this order -

X-Men Death of Phoenix (135 & 136). 135 still has one of my favorite covers to date.

Miller's Elektra Saga

The Dark Knight Returns

Watchmen

I see a lot of the usual suspects- ASM #121, X-Men #137, DD #181, etc. All great comics. But for me it's Marvel Two-in-One Annual #2. Although it's part two of the story that began in Avengers Annual #7, MTIO Annual #2 is great by itself. It's the culmination of the grand, cosmic epic by Starlin.

mtioann2_zpsc7vspdwm.jpg

Fav ever story

Swamp Thing Annual no.2 "Down Amongst The Dead Men"

Superlative plot, dialogue, pace, art, colouring - just a fantastic comic, 1st read as a 13 year old in 1985!

300px-Swamp_Thing_Annual_Vol_2_2.jpg

Both amazing!

Uncanny Thor #277

Amazing Four #23

Incredible Spider Man #21

Ms Marvel the Man Without Fear #65

Daredevil the Barbarian #45

mtioann2_zpsc7vspdwm.jpg

(thumbs u

That's a VERY close 2nd to UXM 137 for me. A five-star classic all the way...

So many great story lines, but this is the one that blew me away as a kid.

image.jpg1_zpstoggf8lm.jpg

Couldn't find the panel, but the scene where the Avengers and Defenders join in an ultimate blast was awesome.

image.jpg2_zps1zdisxxv.jpg