• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,079 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2023 at 12:55 PM, OtherEric said:

Those are minor, however, compared to this one.  Looney Tunes & Merry Melodies 14, my first pickup for the main title in far too long.  13 to go, my goal for the year is to get down to single digits needed.

For whatever reason, the issues in the late 20's are my biggest gap right now; I'm missing 26-29. 

LT 014.jpg

Great book, one of the ones I am missing. I am only focused on the Schlesinger signed covers 1-43, the artwork started to shift afterwards.

On 1/10/2023 at 2:15 PM, lpsunburst said:

Great book, one of the ones I am missing. I am only focused on the Schlesinger signed covers 1-43, the artwork started to shift afterwards.

I won’t disagree in general.  But in specific, my favorite feature is Mary Jane & Sniffles, and my favorite art on the feature is Al Hubbard’s work on the later part of the run.

On 1/10/2023 at 5:18 PM, OtherEric said:

I won’t disagree in general.  But in specific, my favorite feature is Mary Jane & Sniffles, and my favorite art on the feature is Al Hubbard’s work on the later part of the run.

I think somewhere much earlier in this thread I posted a drawing of Sniffles that Chuck Jones did for me when he and his wife were at my restaurant for their anniversary dinner. he asked me what I wanted drawn and when I said Sniffles he busted out laughing and had a very hard time doing it, he said he kept wanting to draw Pepe Le Pew  because they were so similar but he got it in the end. We talked for quite a while about Sniffles and Mary Jane.

Super minor upgrade/ addition to the collection:  I recently won a LTMM #4 on the bay. It's water damaged and missing two centerfolds, but it met two key requirements for me:  It had a back cover and it was under $20 after tax & shipping.  So I now have a complete frankenbook copy of LTMM #4!

It was actually the small "comics" variant again, that seems to be the somewhat scarcer version but both of my copies are that one.

Same picture I've shown here before, but it wouldn't feel right without some image.  And yes, this was the better of the two front covers by some margin:

LT_004.thumb.jpg.1571a32b94927efc50a51a12b541c636.jpg

On 2/1/2023 at 12:46 AM, OtherEric said:

Super minor upgrade/ addition to the collection:  I recently won a LTMM #4 on the bay. It's water damaged and missing two centerfolds, but it met two key requirements for me:  It had a back cover and it was under $20 after tax & shipping.  So I now have a complete frankenbook copy of LTMM #4!

It was actually the small "comics" variant again, that seems to be the somewhat scarcer version but both of my copies are that one.

Same picture I've shown here before, but it wouldn't feel right without some image.  And yes, this was the better of the two front covers by some margin:

Congrats on the upgrade! Early book! :cheers:

On 1/31/2023 at 9:46 PM, OtherEric said:

Nice!

On 2/17/2023 at 2:09 AM, OtherEric said:

Up to 70/89 on the Looney Tunes Four Colors.  But they're going to very rapidly start getting trickier, and I suspect the 16, 33, and 48 will cost me more than the other 86 issues put together:

FC_0260.thumb.jpg.172f79a99cf1b1d265a3f4c476eb0abd.jpg

FC_0266.thumb.jpg.c4a215754c9d755b13add4ea609aa993.jpg

FC_0277.thumb.jpg.247c4046ade92b69770f061766db31b9.jpg

FC_0281.thumb.jpg.b9147abdb1c5ed610fcde9e49cc189f0.jpg

FC_0284.thumb.jpg.b730c50453e1b87bd8dc82c75bf9515c.jpg

:applause:good stuff as always sir! 

Some cool covers among this bunch. The biggest mystery about the early part of Warners Dell comics is why Daffy was so unutilized in that period.