• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,066 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

You snag that one off the Sunday HA auction?  That was the steal of the year in my opinion :applause:

Thanks! I did :devil:

It was on Christmas Eve. I just put in a max bid early as i couldn't sit and watch the auction that night.  Truth be told i was shocked it held up. I think if the date had not been a factor i would have paid more, or been outbid. 

1 hour ago, sagii said:

Thanks! I did :devil:

It was on Christmas Eve. I just put in a max bid early as i couldn't sit and watch the auction that night.  Truth be told i was shocked it held up. I think if the date had not been a factor i would have paid more, or been outbid. 

I agonized whether to bid but decided to pass. Would have looked nice next to my #1. Glad a good boardie won it. 

22 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I agonized whether to bid but decided to pass. Would have looked nice next to my #1. Glad a good boardie won it. 

And that is of course one of the great GA books to own :golfclap:

By comparison:

There have been 52 copies in total CGC graded of LTMM #1 (48 Universal and 4 Restored) highest graded one lone 9.2

There have been 102 copies in total CGC graded of WDCS #1 (78 universal, 5 qualified and 19 restored) two 9.4 highest graded (1 universal /1 restored)

Don't know how many C**S copies are out there of each, though it may seem LTMM#1 comes to market more often. 

2 hours ago, sagii said:

And that is of course one of the great GA books to own :golfclap:

By comparison:

There have been 52 copies in total CGC graded of LTMM #1 (48 Universal and 4 Restored) highest graded one lone 9.2

There have been 102 copies in total CGC graded of WDCS #1 (78 universal, 5 qualified and 19 restored) two 9.4 highest graded (1 universal /1 restored)

Don't know how many C**S copies are out there of each, though it may seem LTMM#1 comes to market more often. 

Two right now on HA for looney tunes 1. I am watching but more out of interest rather than bidding (unless prices seem low)

33 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Two right now on HA for looney tunes 1. I am watching but more out of interest rather than bidding (unless prices seem low)

I had a shot at the 'D' copy in the auction years ago. Metro had it then. I passed to acquire two seldom offered books. Went back for it once those were paid off, and it was gone. Still not at what they were asking for it then, but we'll see by auction day....

1 hour ago, mustang33guy said:

Hey guys! Anyone know when the first appearance of Daffy as Duck Dodgers in comics is? Can’t seem to find much

I'm thinking Duck Dogers comic book appearances were in the modern era Looney Tunes comics series.

Here's another piece of (Duck Dogers) trivia cementing how iconic these beloved characters are;

www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=11681

On 2/22/2018 at 10:56 PM, sagii said:

I'm thinking Duck Dogers comic book appearances were in the modern era Looney Tunes comics series.

Here's another piece of (Duck Dogers) trivia cementing how iconic these beloved characters are;

www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=11681

Thanks for the info sagii! 

Also just got this in today for an amazing deal. Condition is very nice as well!

AAECFA35-1520-4D6B-B541-14DF9618C9E4.jpeg

2F4B5FCA-2B6D-494A-B263-B5F83EC8F668.jpeg

3 minutes ago, mustang33guy said:

Thanks for the info sagii! 

Also just got this in today for an amazing deal. Condition is very nice as well!

AAECFA35-1520-4D6B-B541-14DF9618C9E4.jpeg

2F4B5FCA-2B6D-494A-B263-B5F83EC8F668.jpeg

:applause:Very Nice! Deep colors on that cover. Early LTMM issues have such a charm to them. Not easy to try and capture what was the sheer brilliance of the animated shorts, but the comics have their own vintage magic. 

26 minutes ago, sagii said:

:applause:Very Nice! Deep colors on that cover. Early LTMM issues have such a charm to them. Not easy to try and capture what was the sheer brilliance of the animated shorts, but the comics have their own vintage magic. 

Thanks! Yeah it’s in great shape and had nice rich colors still no fading. Love the cover too! I’m still on the hunt for a decent #28 skating cover 

20 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

And today is almost a repeat of yesterday, one LTMM and one Porky Pig:

Looney_Tunes_046.jpg

Porky_Pig_80.jpg

Love 'em Sir! :headbang:

Like to see covers that used gags from the shorts (Dynamite). 

..and Petunia , Warners' would be Minnie Mouse. She has some recent cartoon appearances and was merchandised decently enough til around the 70's i believe. 

1 hour ago, OtherEric said:

And one more for the road from ECCC.  220 of 246 issues down, 26 to go.  But the first 4 issues are going to be massive pains one and all:

Looney_Tunes_036.jpg

:headbang: You're knockin' em down buddy. Nice grabs Doc!

Just got a decent frame for this so thought I'd post it again. The last pics may have been 'lost' anyway in the Photobucket fiasco.

This maybe a Wall Banner, I don't know, but the likeness' used on it correspond with other LTMM merchandise I've seen (and own :shy:) from around '41. It's so early in the franchises history that the name 'Looney Tunes' is not used on it only' Merrie Melodies'. And Bugs and Daffy still rising stars are presented smaller than Porky, Elmer and (gasp) Petunia and Sniffles:whatthe:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg