• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,066 posts in this topic

And a couple issues added to the collection today.  The Tweety & Sylvester has a stray Mary Jane & Sniffles story, for some reason- as far as I know the only time they popped up in anything where they didn't have an ongoing series (counting the Bugs Bunny Giants as a single collective series.)

Porky_Pig_59.jpg

Tweety_Sylvester_13.jpg

9 hours ago, OtherEric said:

And a couple issues added to the collection today.  The Tweety & Sylvester has a stray Mary Jane & Sniffles story, for some reason- as far as I know the only time they popped up in anything where they didn't have an ongoing series (counting the Bugs Bunny Giants as a single collective series.)

Porky_Pig_59.jpg

Tweety_Sylvester_13.jpg

Nice ones! The Tweety and Sylvester covers usually have bold color presentation on them ( plus some clever gags).

Silver Age i know , but since @OtherEric posted his here, here goes mine too :D Last issue of the original series, finally got a copy i wanted. In this cover, i believe there to be a coy 'mines is bigger than yours' gag :shy:. Elmer's (and Bugs') looks says it all. The first time this gag was done (LT #230), both Bugs and Elmer are looking away in the same direction, and the carrot was slightly concealed. On this one it takes on another 'sub' level effect

Looney Tunes #246.jpg

2 hours ago, sagii said:

Silver Age i know , but since @OtherEric posted his here, here goes mine too :D Last issue of the original series, finally got a copy i wanted. In this cover, i believe there to be a coy 'mines is bigger than yours' gag :shy:. Elmer's (and Bugs') looks says it all. The first time this gag was done (LT #230), both Bugs and Elmer are looking away in the same direction, and the carrot was slightly concealed. On this one it takes on another 'sub' level effect

Looney Tunes #246.jpg

Glad you snagged a copy you like on this one. File copy is a nice bonus, as well!

2 hours ago, sagii said:

@OtherEric Thanks! I've been very lucky with eBay recently. Lots of scores to still be had.

Still cheap high-grade copies to be had, unlike the Four Color series, which really seems to have taken off recently. Unfortunately, well before I could track down all the issues I was looking for. :cry:

22 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Still cheap high-grade copies to be had, unlike the Four Color series, which really seems to have taken off recently. Unfortunately, well before I could track down all the issues I was looking for. :cry:

one of my faves of all time  is Foghorn but I don't know his 1st comic book appearance. And does Bob Overstreet have a hatred of John Stanley or what!?!?? Just a small fraction of his work is in the Guide!!! Check out Stanleystories .com

41 minutes ago, stephankeisman said:

one of my faves of all time  is Foghorn but I don't know his 1st comic book appearance. And does Bob Overstreet have a hatred of John Stanley or what!?!?? Just a small fraction of his work is in the Guide!!! Check out Stanleystories .com

Yeah, I think he was always a Barks guy rather than a Stanley guy.

55 minutes ago, stephankeisman said:

Comic Vine sites 'Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies #131 as Foghorn Leghorn's first comic book appearance. That one has very cool Scare Crow cover ( I'm still waiting for the 'right' copy for me). Gotta love Scare Crow covers, and Snow Man covers, and Clown covers and... ( don't judge me ! :sumo: )

2 minutes ago, sagii said:

Comic Vine sites 'Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies #131 as Foghorn Leghorn's first comic book appearance. That one has very cool Scare Crow cover ( I'm still waiting for the 'right' copy for me). Gotta love Scare Crow covers, and Snow Man covers, and Clown covers and... ( don't judge me ! :sumo: )

Now you've gone too far.  I'm afraid we're going to have to judge you. 

20 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Found this in a box today. Late 1940's Looney Tunes subscription item.

bugsbunnypremiumpicture.jpg

SWEET!! :applause:Not one I've seen before.  Later 50's early 60's?

A heads up would be greatly appreciated if it ends up in sales Thread. :luhv:

18 hours ago, sagii said:

SWEET!! :applause:Not one I've seen before.  Later 50's early 60's?

A heads up would be greatly appreciated if it ends up in sales Thread. :luhv:

Neither have I and I have a lot of these Dell Subscription giveaways. It's from the late 1940's I believe. Probably shown on the back of Loony Tunes comics as a premium. Of course Corey. You would always get first grab on Bugs stuff. Check your PM's in a few minutes...

14 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Neither have I and I have a lot of these Dell Subscription giveaways. It's from the late 1940's I believe. Probably shown on the back of Loony Tunes comics as a premium. Of course Corey. You would always get first grab on Bugs stuff. Check your PM's in a few minutes...

:headbang:

4 minutes ago, Marty Mann said:

Just checking in to see if all is the same...I'm alive and well across the street.

Marty Mann

Hey Marty :hi:

Nice that you still call and write :D

I'm in the neighborhood every now and then. 

But i guess this calls for a pic post to this Thread now hm