• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 667 1:100 Dell'Otto Variant

916 posts in this topic

Having looked in detail at the bidding details, it does not look on the up and up to me, as an outsider. M***6 throws in a nuclear bid ($1000 over bid price) and then gets sniped over 25 bucks? You would think when throwing out a bid that high, he would have protected himself on the back end at several hundred dollars higher (he was $25 away from losing for almost 2 hours, why not increase your max bid before close?)

Book is sold and paid for so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it at this point.

I don't think anyone's lost any sleep over it.

However...the book is "sold and paid for" according to the seller. Only the seller, the buyer, eBay and Paypal have any proof that the sale actually took place.

Not saying it didn't. Again, not saying it didn't. Feel like this has to be mentioned: not saying it didn't.

We just don't have proof.

Good shillers leave feedback for their "shill accounts."

Not saying that's what happened here, but good shillers cover all their tracks.

Having looked in detail at the bidding details, it does not look on the up and up to me, as an outsider. M***6 throws in a nuclear bid ($1000 over bid price) and then gets sniped over 25 bucks? You would think when throwing out a bid that high, he would have protected himself on the back end at several hundred dollars higher (he was $25 away from losing for almost 2 hours, why not increase your max bid before close?)

The high bidder won the book in the last 7 seconds of the listing. He wasn't $25 away from losing for almost two hours, he was the high bidder at $1055 for two hours.

The second high bidder put in a bid I'm sure he/she thought was unconquerable.

That's what you call "two people very determined to win."

It's certainly possible, had that single winning bidder not come along, that the book would have sold for $1055.

I misread it, you're right RMA.

Actually that's backwards, the "nuclear bid" won.

With less than ten seconds left the book was at $1055 and no one other than the eventual winner had any interest bidding above that number to snipe it....so with ten seconds left the loser actually had $1000 cushion.

A sold book can't be shilled. hm

More baseless speculation from angry people who seem to have nothing better to do than obsess over and go on and on and on about a book they do not own and have no interest in.

Why is there no yawning emoji for me to put here ?

-J.

Why do you think anyone is angry?

Are you angry?

Book is sold and paid for so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it at this point.

However...the book is "sold and paid for" according to the seller. Only the seller, the buyer, eBay and Paypal have any proof that the sale actually took place.

Not saying it didn't. Again, not saying it didn't. Feel like this has to be mentioned: not saying it didn't.

Go away RMA.

You are officially adding nothing productive to this thread now.

-J.

I shot this with my phone so can't speak to quality of the pic but maybe you can blow it up for a better look. He is hanging from some kind of girder.

Getting ready to send it off to be graded.

IMG_1049_zpsphltr8gf.jpg

Wow, that is a sharp copy. Now THAT is what this thread is about. (worship)

Does the back look as nice as the front? Either way, welcome to the club. :banana:

Here is the updated "club" list (population: 4 :ohnoez: ):

Universal

9.8. Jaydogrules, Page 1

9.8. Kuddy, Page 17

Raw Dutch74, Page 2

Raw WoWitHurts, Page 31

-J.

Actually that's backwards, the "nuclear bid" won.

With less than ten seconds left the book was at $1055 and no one other than the eventual winner had any interest bidding above that number to snipe it....so with ten seconds left the loser actually had $1000 cushion.

Yup, after RMA pointed it out I realized I misread the bids.

Go away RMA.

You are officially adding nothing productive to this thread now.

-J.

On the contrary, correcting misinformation is vitally productive.

Isn't it a little rude to be telling people to "go away" in a public thread...?

hm

More baseless speculation from angry people who seem to have nothing better to do than obsess over and go on and on and on about a book they do not own and have no interest in.

-J.

Are you angry?

Im angry.very angry.angry i got no pernts on the thast thread about this.

Banana shrimp angry.

-J.

Are you angry?

Im angry.very angry.angry i got no pernts on the thast thread about this.

Banana shrimp angry.

"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" angry...?

-J.

Wait, aren't you the guy who tosses (usually baseless) shilling allegations around more often than a quarterback tosses balls around during practice?

-J.

Wait, aren't you the guy who tosses (usually baseless) shilling allegations around more often than a quarterback tosses balls around during practice?

No.

-J.

-J.

No.

-J.

You sure?

-J.

No.

-J.

You sure?

Yes.

I have illustrated a pattern of shilling on four books over multiple auctions, which on every occasion resulted in major adjustments to GPA.

Feel free to PM with any other questions relating to my posting history.

Let's stay on topic (since I know you can't stop thinking about and talking about this book anyway).

-J.

-J.

lol

I'm just trying to understand your logic.