• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 667 1:100 Dell'Otto Variant

916 posts in this topic

More complaints filed against RMA and Lazyboy. Maybe you guys could have a privat chat to discuss if you really want to continue ruining this and other threads

Seriously? You started an unsolicited PM conversation with me, directly told me you had lied (in this thread) and then got upset when I called you a liar in the private message and removed yourself from the conversation?

"And now you also accuse me of being a liar. Sorry, can't do anything about that but smile. What did I do to give you that impression?"

Um... you literally told me you lied!

"Something else, I have not sold my book. I was tired of what you and others were turning this thread into. See it as an effort to distantiate myself from it."

Twisting words, harassment by publicizing PM's, using only those parts that fit your words... Classy. And another complaint filed. Given your number of years and posts here, it would seem that you value your presence here. Are you really willing to put that on the line?

When you send people unsolicited PMs attacking and insulting them, there is no reasonable expectation that they will be kept private. No words were twisted.

This guy (Lazyboy and a couple of others) have literally brought the circus that got a thread locked (also about this book) in comics general, into the appreciation thread.

One really has to wonder what has them so completely and utterly twisted up in knots about this one particular book.

To go and and on and on about a book none of them own, will most likely never even see in person, and clearly disapprove of the hefty sums it sells for (and has always sold for) looks like nothing other than angry and sour grapes, in spite of their proclamations to the contrary. My lord, I have never seen such a thing.

This is an appreciation thread. You don't appreciate ? Move on. There's a multitude of other books for you to discuss.

J.

I am sorry. Apparently, I have tried to reason with the likes of Beavis & Butthead, Southpark, ... Not going to do that anymore. To Jay and others who want to discuss the ASM667, I propose that from now one we just ignore these :censored:. We'll see how long it will take before they get bored if no-one talks back to them.

RMA, Junk Donkey, Steen Rain, Divad, mschmidt, Broke As A Joke, Brian R: all gone. Now if the others don't reply to their posts it would be as if they aren't here at all.

YAY I made an ignored list !!!!

Honestly , I am here for the entertainment value of the posts. Jay, I just think its funny all the books you called out as being shilled not "real keys" and worth the money, hyped up etc. Yet the last auction of this book looked shilled ( I thought so as others) and because you are in love with this book you are blind to that possibility.

So, am I understanding this correctly. A thread was created in Comics General to discuss this comic so this appreciate thread could continue as such. But then someone complained in the Comics General thread, got that thread locked, and now everyone is back here discussing this comic?

Classic! lol

RMA, Junk Donkey, Steen Rain, Divad, mschmidt, Broke As A Joke, Brian R: all gone. Now if the others don't reply to their posts it would be as if they aren't here at all.

YAY I made an ignored list !!!!

Honestly , I am here for the entertainment value of the posts. Jay, I just think its funny all the books you called out as being shilled not "real keys" and worth the money, hyped up etc. Yet the last auction of this book looked shilled ( I thought so as others) and because you are in love with this book you are blind to that possibility.

I have never been on a ignore list before, can I please? :whee:

Is the idea to try to get this thread locked too?

Get some class guys.

Oakman, I'm a little surprised at you.

-J.

I don't want anything locked! I think your club is kinda neat,maybe cause I do own a raw copy. But don't confuse that I do however think its Rediculous to think that a book like this is rare by any means.

You're entitled to your opinion, it has however been shown to be incorrect.

You should post your book and join the club. :foryou: It's a very exclusive club indeed.

Here is a thread from another board where they discussed in real time, just weeks after it was released even in Sept 2011, the absolute rarity of this book (no such discussion ever took place on these boards, as we have seen, the book has flown under a whole lot of peoples' radar around here....at least until now):

http://comicbookrealm.com/topic/8/13541/amazing-spiderman-667-1100-dellotto

And here's additional discussion several months later in mid-2012, again in real time, about the continued rarity of the book, and the hefty sums it was already commanding back then:

http://comicbookrealm.com/topic/8/15468/amazing-spiderman-667-del-otto-variant/all

Interestingly, the last two 2012 posts in the thread predicted that more copies would come out and prices would come down.

Oops! lol

This only further demonstrates how out of the loop most people on these boards really seem to be on this book. Their attempts at Monday morning quarter-backing three years after the fact carries little weight or substance.

-J.

Not sure these are the best examples to prove your points. :)

The first link refers to someone selling multiple copies on Ebay and one of the posters saying he bought a copy for $85, so it hardly matches the idea of it commanding top prices and being ultra rare from day one as you've been saying.

lol Whatever dude. Did you even read the links ? Or even the first post in either of them ?

Thank you for sharing your opinions though.

:gossip: $85 for a VF (or lower) copy of a book that is only a couple weeks old is a lot by most measures.

-J.

Right, because the standard for variants isn't super hot out of the gate, then fading (usually to oblivion or at least the neighbouring township). :eyeroll:

Right.

And this obviously wasn't a "standard" variant.

Thanks for sharing your opinions though.

This is an APPRECIATION THREAD for this book.

What part of that do you geniuses not get ?

-J.

What part of you do not get to spread lies and misinformation without being called out on it, no matter what you call the thread don't you get?

That's enough. Get out of this thread dude.

-J.

:preach:

Can I be preemptively blocked too? It would just save me the annoyance of seeing your posts. I'll do the same. Deal?