• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Comic Book Convention (CalComicCon) 2016

115 posts in this topic

Spent about 3 hours there today. Saw Greggy but somehow missed Joey.

Sorry I missed you Jeff. I was around reviewing books, buying and chatting with a few people. Glad I finallynmademit to this show. One of the best one day shows I have been to....ever.

Great show.

Bought a couple of obscure DCs from Terry and an upper mid-grade 1959 Superman from another dealer.

Didn't spend a lot of money and got to see some board members as well. Met "Dr. Love" for the first time--really cool guy. Hope to see him next year as it is the only show I go to all year.

Steve

Some complain about the rain but I think the best place to be in the pouring rain is inside a great Comic-Con.

Anyway, here's one book I picked up at the show:

001_9.jpg

Ditto, Steve. It was really a fantastic show, some of that old time con goodness. Cool books, great attendance and attendants. Lots of boardies floating around, schmoozing and monopolizing box access (you know who you are...Brian! :baiting:).

Congrats to Terry for another great show, by all accounts the best yet. On my calendar for next year already!

Great show, an absolute fun time! It was a blast hanging out with boardies and swapping stories. I could have really spent way too much at this show. The rain did not seem to hamper the attendance, judging by the filled parking lot.

Her are some pics I snapped quickly before closing time.

20160131_155141_zps18soinjk.jpg

20160131_122429_zpsuurc4d6y.jpg

20160131_122323_zpss6pqqwju.jpg

20160131_122448_zpsjtmkxyg4.jpg

20160131_122337_zpsnsfi8bl0.jpg

20160131_122314_zpsi1kj6ltb.jpg

To echo what others have said, what a great show - it really helps when the out-of-state dealers (Harley, Superworld, GrahamCrackers, etc.) show up. Seemed to me to be the most crowded that I've ever seen at this venue.

Bought a few books, sold some stuff, got rained on (there were several heavy downpours), but best of all chatted with a large number of boardies.

Big-time kudos to Terry for a very successful event!

To echo what others have said, what a great show - it really helps when the out-of-state dealers (Harley, Superworld, GrahamCrackers, etc.) show up. Seemed to me to be the most crowded that I've ever seen at this venue.

Bought a few books, sold some stuff, got rained on (there were several heavy downpours), but best of all chatted with a large number of boardies.

Big-time kudos to Terry for a very successful event!

We are legion... :cool:

Just got back. Fun fun fun! Finally met the great Joeypost, was a thrill. Standing next to icons like Joey,greggy and Ray is AWESOMENESS! :headbang:

The pleasure was all mine. Got to meet and identify faces to the name which was great, as everyone I actually met were true gentlemen. I took a few pictures of all the booths in the afternoon for posterity sake.

Great show as always. Every year, this is a must go to show for me whether it's sunny, raining cats and dogs (this was the case), snow if possible, etc. It was even better to meet some new boardies whom I've been chatting to all this time as well as others whom I've met before. Just thrilled to have finally met Joeypost!!!! Thanks again for showing up to your first west coast show I believe? Glad everyone had a fun time and that the turnout again was successful.

I purchased a comic book from one of the vendors in the patio. Does anyone have any of their contact information? I misplaced the website address he gave me and I'm interested in purchasing additional comics from him. Thank you.