• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Comic Book Convention (CalComicCon) 2016

115 posts in this topic

Great seeing Danny, Ron Murry, Ted, Terry ( who put on another great show), Dave, Frank and many others too numerous to mention.

BTW--Does anyone here have Ron Murry's contact # or web address, or email. I'd like to buy a book from him.

Thanks,

Steve

I purchased a comic book from one of the vendors in the patio. Does anyone have any of their contact information? I misplaced the website address he gave me and I'm interested in purchasing additional comics from him. Thank you.

Man, I felt for those poor folks. If the rain wasn't bad enough, the wind was a real deal killer. Most of them packed up and went home real early. Hope they made a few bucks before they did...

I purchased a comic book from one of the vendors in the patio. Does anyone have any of their contact information? I misplaced the website address he gave me and I'm interested in purchasing additional comics from him. Thank you.

Man, I felt for those poor folks. If the rain wasn't bad enough, the wind was a real deal killer. Most of them packed up and went home real early. Hope they made a few bucks before they did...

One reason why I think Terry should consider a slightly bigger venue. Also, I suspect a lot of people never made it into the overflow room. Perhaps a larger venue would require a bigger buy-in from the dealers, but it might be worth it.

3rd time going to the show and it has grown...attendance wise. And those poor guys on the Patio/Sidewalk area. Rain and Wind in So Cal in Feb....El Nino shows up for one damn day and it had to be that day.

3rd time going to the show and it has grown...attendance wise. And those poor guys on the Patio/Sidewalk area. Rain and Wind in So Cal in Feb....El Nino shows up for one damn day and it had to be that day.

Yep. There was a dealer at the very end, close to the railing and his booth got knocked down by the wind, rain, etc. He was selling toys I believe and I felt bad that it all fell and got wet. He even had to hold up his booth with his hands. Eventually, he took everything down and packed up.

Also, another dealer outside selling some major CGC slabbed SA keys. He would not allow anyone to go through his short box due to the rain, but yet he had some high end books displayed with a cover on top to keep the rain from pouring onto his books :eek:

Just terrible for those that had a booth outside