• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jessica Jones Netflix Alias #1

494 posts in this topic

I just don't get the hate for Alias/JJ in this thread.

I thought the show was great as well as the comic.

For the record I have already sold any and all copies of Alias #1 and I still love the show and hope the comic continues to climb, shocker huh?

+1

I can understand people not liking the show/character. But to hate it with such passion.. There's just gotta be an elevated motive for that dont you think?

No.

I haven't heard anyone say they "hate" the show , either passionately or otherwise.

Those are your words.

People can point out the many deep flaws with the show without having any ulterior motives. It's almost as if you think any criticism of the show on here is designed to further depress the book's perceived market value. I can assure you that I have much better things to worry about than the FMV of a common, $250 book. But that's just me doing a little bit of speculating of my own about your motives I suppose.

-J.

For the record I have already sold any and all copies of Alias #1 and I still love the show and hope the comic continues to climb, shocker huh?

+1

I can understand people not liking the show/character. But to hate it with such passion.. There's just gotta be an elevated motive for that dont you think?

No.

I haven't heard anyone say they "hate" the show , either passionately or otherwise.

Those are your words.

People can point out the many deep flaws with the show without having any ulterior motives. It's almost as if you think any criticism of the show on here is designed to further depress the book's perceived market value. I can assure you that I have much better things to worry about than the FMV of a common, $250 book. But that's just me doing a little bit of speculating of my own about your motives I suppose.

-J.

No

I didnt mean you

But you suggested so.. So it must be true.

See? both of us could play that angle (shrug)

Nah, I dont think youre a dealer.. Side note, I like reading your commentaries here, it just means youre as passionate about the medium as most who frequent these boards.

I just like to ramble alot ;)

Ahhhh, passionate about comics ? Damn right. That would be why I keep coming back HAHA ! Where else are you going to find this many people who love the same thing you do as much as you do ? This is a great site. Made some good friends here in real life out of thin air. Weird but cool (thumbs u

lol All good. I hope you know that I am not a dealer, just a collector, a hobbyist, and a fan (just not of the show's execution). :foryou:

-J.

Dealer? No. Flipper? Yes, why else would you care about value?

That's a big fat negative on that as well.

I have yet to sell or trade a comic in my life. (thumbs u

-J.

lol All good. I hope you know that I am not a dealer, just a collector, a hobbyist, and a fan (just not of the show's execution). :foryou:

-J.

:hi:

I sell which is why I asked for opinions on value. Anyone who thinks this book hasn't peaked I asked them why. Nobody gave a good reason.

-J.

I sell which is why I asked for opinions on value. Anyone who thinks this book hasn't peaked I asked them why. Nobody gave a good reason.

Same boat.

So back to my original question, why would someone who isn't in the market to sell care what the value is?

-J.

Same boat.

So back to my original question, why would someone who isn't in the market to sell care what the value is?

A buyer would care about prices right? (shrug)

-J.

Same boat.

Tracking the market value of the stuff you buy isn't meaningless if you don't sell, many people have an interest because it helps justify money they spent on a particular item or the amount of money they spend in the hobby in general. I just sort of look at anything I buy/collect as sunk costs so I don't closely follow what I have so much as I follow what I want...at some point that will change.

There are many books in my collection that could have been put to better use by selling them when they were worth much more than they are now...the reality is that with the way the market is so volatile it probably does make sense to purge some things when they get hot.

hm

When does the Dr. Strange movie come out?

:popcorn:

Look at the Strain #1, for comparison of speculation cycles.Even with the 2nd season being confirmed, the book has slumped even further than Alias #1 has.When the Strain comes back on air, prices will shoot upwards again.

The second season of the Strain has come & gone already :gossip:

It shot up heavily when the TV show was announced and stayed pricey during the build-up to the actual release of the show. At which point the speculators moved on and the book started its descent towards the current price level. When the 2nd season aired, it did nothing for the value of the book. And when the 3rd season airs, it'll continue to do nothing for the book.

Alias #1 has shown the exact same pricing trajectory that every other comic book (that isn't named The Walking Dead) with a major network/cable TV show has displayed - a flurry of speculation leading up to the premiere date and a slow & steady drop in prices after that date has passed. It doesn't matter whether a second season is released or not - the time to speculate on Alias #1 is long gone.

in fairnesss tho, The Strain (tv show) is completely awful.

Which begs the question, does the quality of the show significantly impact post hype speculation?

+1

I can't understand the borderline simmering ragefest that is being thrown at the show, either.

Elevated motive or not, it strikes me as whacked.

Anyway, I am watching JJ for the first tim.Just started episode 1 last night and I am now up to episode 5.

I think it is a damn good show.

Which begs the question, does the quality of the show significantly impact post hype speculation?

I think the Strain was/is actually a pretty good show.

Reviews on IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic etc average out at around 7.5/10.

The ratings were good enough that it was renewed for a third season , which I am assuming will be the last season as that will wrap up the storyline with The Master.

WRT Junk's question, I would say:

Yes, quality signifigantly impacts post hype speculation, but to offer anything more than a transient uptick, the character has to stay around.

As JJ is and will be, in both comic format and Netflix format( Defenders,Luke Cage).

A prime example of a book tanking big time is Swamp Thing # 37.The show was as sugar coated, mass market friendly as could be; the polar opposite of Hellblazer....IOW, the show sucked a bag of , on all fronts.Critically and ratings wise.

Try to get $600 for a CGC 9.8 ST # 37 now :tonofbricks:

It won't happen.

I Zombie has done well critically and ratings wise and has been renewed for a second season.

HOM Annual 1 and IZombie 1 CGC 9.8 are doing fairly well.

A prime example of a book tanking big time is Swamp Thing # 37.The show was as sugar coated, mass market friendly as could be; the polar opposite of Hellblazer....IOW, the show sucked a bag of , on all fronts.Critically and ratings wise.

Try to get $600 for a CGC 9.8 ST # 37 now :tonofbricks:

It won't happen.

I Zombie has done well critically and ratings wise and has been renewed for a second season.

HOM Annual 1 and IZombie 1 CGC 9.8 are doing fairly well.

iZombie already had the mid-season finale of season 2 :shrug:

From a price trajectory point of view, there's no real difference between any of the books you mention - they all had a price surge & tons of speculation leading up to the premiere of the TV show, then an immediate decline when the show was actually on air. Doesn't seem to matter whether the show is actually good or not.

Heck, it's happening with Sandman #4 right now even though the Lucifer TV show by all accounts looks like it's going to be terrible.

Doesn't seem like it - which makes sense seeing the largest prices are always the ones realized prior to the show being aired.