• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jessica Jones Netflix Alias #1

494 posts in this topic

Sold my 9.4 for $115 plus shipping. Not bad since it came out of a lot I picked up for $30 that was the full run, 2 copies of #1 plus a copy of the MGC repirint.

I should sell the MGC repirint now.

Between real friends and facebook friends, I haven't seen or heard anyone mention the show in several days. It's not getting anywhere near the Daredevil buzz

But if you're holding, there could still be enough people looking to buy #1's for holiday presents

Sell sell sell

Recent reprint.

Not really recent. Marvel's reprint line now is their True Believers (has been for about a year or so)... the Marvels Greatest Comics reprint line was from about 7-10 years ago. This, NYX, and a few others got MGC reprints in the mid-to late-00's.

I guess it's relatively recent. It was released in 2010.

I should have clarified. What I meant was it wasn't a month after the 1st print. It was produced roughly 9 years after the original. I'm surprised there is demand for it but congrats to the seller. I wonder if the buyer thinks this is a 1st print ?

This MCG reprints are selling regularly for 10-15$ sometimes 20. Testament that a reprint of a (now) popular comic will yield a HUGE premium, on the condition that only ONE reprint exists.

Im betting high on the True Believer New Mutants 98 reprint coming out next month for the same reason. First ever reprint of the classic for a dollar

I don't think the New Mutants will increase in price. Dealers are obviously aware of it and will order A LOT. The Alias MGC on the other hand, was not really sought after when it was released. At least not to the point that it is now and it's still only a $15-20 book on a good day.

Edited by ygogolak

Recent reprint.

Not really recent. Marvel's reprint line now is their True Believers (has been for about a year or so)... the Marvels Greatest Comics reprint line was from about 7-10 years ago. This, NYX, and a few others got MGC reprints in the mid-to late-00's.

I should have clarified. What I meant was it wasn't a month after the 1st print. It was produced roughly 9 years after the original. I'm surprised there is demand for it but congrats to the seller. I wonder if the buyer thinks this is a 1st print ?

This MCG reprints are selling regularly for 10-15$ sometimes 20. Testament that a reprint of a (now) popular comic will yield a HUGE premium, on the condition that only ONE reprint exists.

Im betting high on the True Believer New Mutants 98 reprint coming out next month for the same reason. First ever reprint of the classic for a dollar

I don't think the New Mutants will increase in price. Dealers are obviously aware of it and will order A LOT. The Alias MGC on the other hand, was not really sought after when it was released. At least not to the point that it is now and it's still only a $15-20 book on a good day.

I know you're not comparing NM98 to Alias 1 ;)

You can have a million of these out and a million dealers and therell still demand for this book.

At a buck you cant lose. The question here only is will it be a 10-15 book or a 5 dollar book. Either way youre gonna be able to move these by the boatload..

NM98 was reprinted in the x-force megazine book

It's been reprinted a few times including trades and such. But, this is the first time as a standalone comic book. The Megazine is fairly hard to find in the wild.

Exactly. HUGE difference.. Reprints of popular books ALWAYS sell well. IH181, AF15, WD#1, Action #1.. etc etc

As long as the book looks EXACTLY the same (same cover, same content) you will not have a problem moving it for a premium at a dollar (or less) on investment.

Recent reprint.

You can have a million of these out and a million dealers and therell still demand for this book.

At a buck you cant lose. The question here only is will it be a 10-15 book or a 5 dollar book. Either way youre gonna be able to move these by the boatload..

I think its a closer comparison than NM 98 to say, Action #1, Hul #181, or AF #15 lol

I do agree it will sell for $5 to $10 which makes if a good deal.

[

Nope, comparing a reprint to a reprint.

I think its a closer comparison than NM 98 to say, Action #1, Hul #181, or AF #15 lol

$5 on a $1 +/- investment? Eh, not worth the space and time to sit on them until they get to that point. I would rather hunt dollar boxes for $15-20 books that I can sell right away. To each their own though.

Edited by ygogolak

I agree. All kinds of ways to build a collection. Working 60 to 70 hours a week, buying preorders, specific books by phone, and collections is about all I have time to do. I haven't been in our biggest LCS in more than a year. Their focus has shifted to Magic the Gathering tcg and similar games. Back issue sales make up less than 8% of their business so they quit worrying with back issues. Hard to blame them but as a comic collector, I can buy new nearly as cheap as they do online. So, no need or time to search through boxes. I've been going to the other big LCS here for over 40 years. I can almost name every single book they have from the early 2000's back to 1970 or so. The books are completely in alphanumeric order. Very easy to buy what you need by Overstreet prices any day by phone if something gets hot. Flea markets and the like just aren't for me. lol

I agree. All kinds of ways to build a collection. Working 60 to 70 hours a week, buying preorders, specific books by phone, and collections is about all I have time to do. I haven't been in our biggest LCS in more than a year. Their focus has shifted to Magic the Gathering tcg and similar games. Back issue sales make up less than 8% of their business so they quit worrying with back issues. Hard to blame them but as a comic collector, I can buy new nearly as cheap as they do online. So, no need or time to search through boxes. I've been going to the other big LCS here for over 40 years. I can almost name every single book they have from the early 2000's back to 1970 or so. The books are completely in alphanumeric order. Very easy to buy what you need by Overstreet prices any day by phone if something gets hot. Flea markets and the like just aren't for me. lol

This is the case with more and more shops. We have had a few shops just convert to card shops with comics on the side, and why? Well Magic singles are a HUGE profit, much much more than comics unless a nice collection comes in.

It's kind of a coming back around situation. I remember when I was a kid, sport cards shops morphed into comic book stores to jump on the rising/non-dying fad/venture of the day. Have to roll with what makes profit.

Recent reprint.

NM98 is as popular as those books I mentioned. Sad I know. Not as prestigious as the above books, but as popular. Alias 1 definitely does not belong in that category

[

Nope, comparing a reprint to a reprint.

$5 on a $1 +/- investment? Eh, not worth the space and time to sit on them until they get to that point. I would rather hunt dollar boxes for $15-20 books that I can sell right away. To each their own though.

why not do both?

I guess Im looking at it from a business perspective only. If youre looking to hoard on these youre not looking at this right.. There are 2 ways to sell such a beast: bulk & cons.. You can sell those for a whopping premium at conventions, Ive sold Walking Dead's #1 for as high as $20 at conventions, IH181 hasbro reprints as high as 50.. if youre strictly limiting yourself to online sales sell them bulk 10 for 50 or multiple listings at a competitive price. You will move them REALLY quick that way

why not do both?

I guess Im looking at it from a business perspective only. If youre looking to hoard on these youre not looking at this right.. There are 2 ways to sell such a beast: bulk & cons.. You can sell those for a whopping premium at conventions, Ive sold Walking Dead's #1 for as high as $20 at conventions, IH181 hasbro reprints as high as 50.. if youre strictly limiting yourself to online sales sell them bulk 10 for 50 or multiple listings at a competitive price. You will move them REALLY quick that way

They are already moving in bulk. For $1 each.

why not do both?

They are already moving in bulk. For $1 each.

lol