• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jessica Jones Netflix Alias #1

494 posts in this topic

This book was a great investment a year ago. If you bought recently you bought post peak which is still good, I doubt this will need a show to sustain credibility as a major player, but yeah, future endeavors will definitely catapult it to new heights. What those would be remain to be seen

There is almost no chance of a season 2 before Defenders. They're already well into Luke Cage & getting started on Iron Fist. And planning to jump straight from there into Defenders. I still expect for there to not be a solo 2nd season, but rather that Iron Fist, Luke Cage & Jessica Jones get folded into a Heroes for Hire series post-Defenders. It makes a lot of sense with the connections already there, and it keeps Marvel TV's production stuff free to expand with other series (Punisher, Moon Knight, whatever series they expand to next) since they obviously don't have an unlimited budget or Netflix "air-time" to produce an unlimited number of series and I expect them to stick with the ~4 series that they're currently doing & keep the release schedule similar to the current one.

Edited by Doktor

HR - Along with that feeling, there were also so many other loose threads left hanging by the end of the season. While there are no plans right now to have a second season of Jessica Jones, Netflix did greenlight one for Daredevil after it debuted. Is there a chance for a second season before you show up on The Defenders?

KR - It's such a tricky thing. I'm not supposed to talk about that. But I think there is lots of story left to tell with Jessica and I really love playing the character. I would love to throw on her boots and leather jacket anytime.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/jessica-jones-krysten-ritter-finale-850086

As I said, this character - TV show or no TV show - isnt going away anytime soon.

If you flipped when the trailer aired and the buzz was huge - you won the first round. But if youre selling now, well, unless youre the buyer - you just left some cash on the table

That was basically my point in following up on the post a month ago. Gotta sell before!

I was selling NM/NM+ copies for $55 leading up to the show and was kicking myself when the book exploded. It looks like the prices are back to the $55 range so I don't feel so bad.

The book will come back to its' $350+ selling point, it is just a matter of time.

Looks like I will be sitting on my CGC 9.8 slabbed #1 for about a year, because I am not going to let it go at the levels it is presently going for.

JJ is guaranteed to have a role in Netflix's Hero For Hire and Defenders:

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/The_Defenders_%28Netflix_series%29

From what i read in the linked threads, contractual issues prevented a second season of Alias to beging shooting intil Defenders shooting was completed.

Those 2 series will revive interest in her character, which in all likelihood, will propel the second season of Alias to begin shooting after Defenders is wrapped up.

What material will they be using though ? (shrug)

They didn't even have enough for one "season". And the character was wearing pretty thin even by the end of it. I think Marvel/Netflix is smart enough to know what shows and characters really did work and translate well (Daredevil), and which ones were noble experiments that didn't quite pan out (Jessica Jones).

-J.

They didn't even have enough for one "season". And the character was wearing pretty thin even by the end of it. I think Marvel/Netflix is smart enough to know what shows and characters really did work and translate well (Daredevil), and which ones were noble experiments that didn't quite pan out (Jessica Jones).

-J.

I actually think that this won't get a second season. BUT I do think there will be a Heroes for Hire tv season at some point, like a true detective show with Luke and Danny investigating a weird case that keeps crossing the path of Jessica Jones.

-J.

That is your opinion on the show and your opinion on how Marvel/Netflix operates.All due respect, both conflict with the majority that I have seen regarding Alias.

The show however was a hit and there is ample material for as many seasons(s) as Marvel/Netflix agrees to.

-J.

I actually think that this won't get a second season. BUT I do think there will be a Heroes for Hire tv season at some point, like a true detective show with Luke and Danny investigating a weird case that keeps crossing the path of Jessica Jones.

I believe this is the far greater likely scenario as well, not to mention the one that makes the most sense from a creative standpoint.

-J.