• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You know, we could sit here and point fingers all day...

267 posts in this topic

I really dislike the acceptance of PM purchases, for this reason.

I have always felt that all purchases should be consumated in the thread.

ie; PM deals are fine. But buyer or seller MUST post :takeit: or "SOLD! per PM", in the thread to finalize the deal. Until such is posted, there is no deal. Therefore everyone knows what is available and what is not.

Eliminating any question of impropriety on the sellers part.

Constantly wanting to paint people into a corner. :eyeroll:

I'm not a math whiz, but $90 is not a QUARTER of $124 (OS 45th Edition VF price for Doc 169). It is 73%.

To anyone reading this I'll pay OS guide for a VF copy ALL DAY!!!

Please tell me you have one...

(and then you can say it sold via pm 3 minutes ago!)

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

I'm not a math whiz, but $90 is not a QUARTER of $124 (OS 45th Edition VF price for Doc 169). It is 73%.

If I had one then I'd give to you for free......plus shipping. If I find one in a dollar bin then same deal applies.

If I had one then I'd give to you for free......plus shipping. If I find one in a dollar bin then same deal applies.

NO LIE: Four months ago I saw a Hulk 181 sell in dollar bin...

But then in 2 minutes the seller reneged!

:whistle:

That thread was thread-crapped by a bunch of whiners. That is the real shame here.

Books are bought and sold via PM all the time here, and what occurred was soundly within the sellers rules.

I wish you crappers would go remove your insensitive, whiny posts.

Don’t be ridiculous. That sale was poorly handled to say the least.

You don't be ridiculous, whiner.

And to think I believed you a thoughtful, and respectful person, when we first met and talked to PM. It is almost embarassing to receive such a reply from a man of your age.

lol

The sales section is embarrassing with all the 6 year olds crying for a better deal on their comics.

First: I have made a serious post in that thread, and the fact that I would have liked a better copy than the FRGD rag that I have is just coincidental.

Marvel comics have been a very important element in my upbringing, and I am surely not ashamed to say so. They (Marvel) should be ashamed for what they have been doing to the characters for 20+ years, but that is another matter.

Second: I don’t know the reason for which you want to increase your post count, but seeing the quality of your recent posts I am beginning to think it is to compensate for their lack of content. Nothing personal, just to make things clear.

That thread was thread-crapped by a bunch of whiners. That is the real shame here.

Books are bought and sold via PM all the time here, and what occurred was soundly within the sellers rules.

Maybe the long list of self entitled buyers should stop being so ridiculous. It's my book. Mine! Silliness.

Where do you see a "list of self entitled buyers" is also beyond me. The only one which (righteously) complained was the buyer, and as far as myself, I added the note that I would have liked the book just to stress the fact that these were meaningful stories, and not (in the seller's words) "just a comic book".

Maybe the long list of self entitled buyers should stop being so ridiculous. It's my book. Mine! Silliness.

Where do you see a "list of self entitled buyers" is also beyond me. The only one which (righteously) complained was the buyer, and as far as myself, I added the note that I would have liked the book just to stress the fact that these were meaningful stories, and not (in the seller's words) "just a comic book".

Beyond you? Just look at the pile on and the recent activity in the sales section. Now people want to paint the seller into a corner so he must sell. It's childish.

You don't be ridiculous, whiner.

And to think I believed you a thoughtful, and respectful person, when we first met and talked to PM. It is almost embarassing to receive such a reply from a man of your age.

lol

The sales section is embarrassing with all the 6 year olds crying for a better deal on their comics.

First: I have made a serious post in that thread, and the fact that I would have liked a better copy than the FRGD rag that I have is just coincidental.

Marvel comics have been a very important element in my upbringing, and I am surely not ashamed to say so. They (Marvel) should be ashamed for what they have been doing to the characters for 20+ years, but that is another matter.

Second: I don’t know the reason for which you want to increase your post count, but seeing the quality of your recent posts I am beginning to think it is to compensate for their lack of content. Nothing personal, just to make things clear.

Lost you the 1st time and the 2nd. (shrug)

ie; PM deals are fine. But buyer or seller MUST post :takeit: or "SOLD! per PM", in the thread to finalize the deal. Until such is posted, there is no deal. Therefore everyone knows what is available and what is not.

I completely agree. This is how I choose to do business here.

Everyone likes options. :)

To each their own. The seller did nothing wrong.

I agree. I'm a capitalist. Everyone has the freedom to conduct business as they wish. However, that doesn't absolve anyone from the consequences of the rules they set.

Poor rules lead to misunderstandings.

I agree. I'm a capitalist. Everyone has the freedom to conduct business as they wish. However, that doesn't absolve anyone from the consequences of the rules they set.

Which should be dealt with by the seller. The seller may not mind the headache. They may change their ways. They may stop selling all together. The seller did nothing wrong. The problem is all the people who posted expecting proof or some explanation.

Which should be dealt with by the seller. The seller may not mind the headache. They may change their ways. They may stop selling all together. The seller did nothing wrong. The problem is all the people who posted expecting proof or some explanation.

Yeah. The whole thing is tacky and unfortunate.

Agreed!

Although I did pile on the threads rapping with my own opinions. :(

Don't you always?? lol

Jimmy doesn't like misunderstandings. Jimmy and misunderstandings...kinda clash

jimmy_clausen_notre_dame_22.png