• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You know, we could sit here and point fingers all day...

267 posts in this topic

Amen, Sharon.

I prefer to buy via PM most of the time, for many of these same reasons. Most of the time it is for the asking price of the item. Don't assume a pm means a low-ball offer. I've seen thousand dollar books sell here via pm in under minute, with no other activity in the thread.

This is one of the few venues where I've seen all the public whining and biotching about non-public purchases. You don't get to review my comiclink or ebay purchases. You don't get to review my paypal statement. You don't get to review my credit card statements. You don't get to review my PMs. Get over it.

I've attempted to buy books via PM, and on a few occasions, sellers have asked me to put the :takeit: in the thread. Sometimes I do, and sometimes, I just say no thanks.

There are lots of issues with the word "assume" ...and of course the old joke.

I prefer buying by PM...because I don't like to advertise what I buy to strangers. I don't care that people I know see what I buy, but you are not the only ones watching.

I've had the displeasure of a complete ransacking of my house once, years ago, that I've never forgotten. I've also had my alarm go off more than once when I was on vacation.

So, I'm careful.

Therefore, I allow OTHER people to buy from me via PM and I will not out them, without their permission.

I have in the past, gotten a few very fast PMs. Usually from dealers who don't want people to see what they are buying.

Sometimes I'll ask someone buying by PM to post a take it, sometimes they don't want to, so I will for them.

My sales still go by timestamp in either place..

I'm going to "assume" that the seller of that book feels the same way I do, and that he priced the book knowing it was a deal.

I've priced books knowing they were a deal, and I've bought a few knowing that they were a deal.

Stuff happens...it's sad that people automatically assume that there is something nefarious going on and even if the seller changed his/her mind...it isn't a 911 issue, is it?

I know it's been a while, but maybe some of us remember what real problems are like.

No one lost their life by not getting a cheap comic.

That thread was thread-crapped by a bunch of whiners. That is the real shame here.

Books are bought and sold via PM all the time here, and what occurred was soundly within the sellers rules.

I wish you crappers would go remove your insensitive, whiny posts.

Don’t be ridiculous. That sale was poorly handled to say the least.

You don't be ridiculous, whiner.

And to think I believed you a thoughtful, and respectful person, when we first met and talked to PM. It is almost embarassing to receive such a reply from a man of your age.

Review your own behavior here:

Roger66:

Very questionable selling practices at a minimum here.

Vaillant:

Agreed. Bring this to the discussion thread if needed.

igordesign23:

Oh My. Apologies to everyone here. I mean no disrespect to anyone or try to pull the rug underneath anyone. I truly had someone pm me and buy it. the buyer saw the talk on here and asked me to not disclose any personal info.

I honesty sometimes sell and buy here.

Maybe bad timing, a fluke. I have those al the time.

In the end it's just a comic book.

Vaillant:

This would have been a good explanation, but why you added "In the end it's just a comic book"?

It’s not the matter of being a comic book, a toy or a record. You had a sale via PM and it is only legitimate that a regular buyer in the thread, which posted his regular "takeit" within three (and I say three) minutes asks to have additional information.

You don’t need to disclose this information publicly, but I think the thread buyer deserves it.

They might be "just comic books" but they have been part of my personal upbringing, in the best possible way. I would have loved that Dr. Strange #169 myself.

I bought a book from Igor the other day via PM. I had asked about an FF 67 he listed, and by the time I got back from grocery shopping and checking in, I had missed out by about 6 minutes. He offered to sell me another copy, which was actually nicer and still at an attractive price. We did all that by PM. It was a solid transaction. I got my book today and just packaged it to send to Joey, though it's already in darned nice shape. I don't think Igor did anything wrong, and his thread was promptly crapped upon with abandon. Even if he did have some questionable action, piledriving his thread did him no good. It was a poor showing on many members' parts. I got a strike for less when I was new here and threadcrapped a sales post. I'm curious if anything will come of this one.

I bought a book from Igor the other day via PM. I had asked about an FF 67 he listed, and by the time I got back from grocery shopping and checking in, I had missed out by about 6 minutes. He offered to sell me another copy, which was actually nicer and still at an attractive price. We did all that by PM. It was a solid transaction. I got my book today and just packaged it to send to Joey, though it's already in darned nice shape. I don't think Igor did anything wrong, and his thread was promptly crapped upon with abandon. Even if he did have some questionable action, piledriving his thread did him no good. It was a poor showing on many members' parts. I got a strike for less when I was new here and threadcrapped a sales post. I'm curious if anything will come of this one.

Yeah give everyone that posted in that thread a strike and move on with it...

I'm just here for the finger wagging.

This thread is brought to you by Adam & Eve...

America's Most Trusted Source For Sex Toys. Get 25% Off One Item Now!

(tsk)

I don't recall if it was in this thread or the sales thread, but it was suggested that the seller just post the PM with all the buyer information redacted...so as to reveal the time-stamp.

I realize the seller is not obligated to do this, but it sure would eliminate all this drama.

Shucks, I don't even know if it's even possible to do that.

That thread was thread-crapped by a bunch of whiners. That is the real shame here.

Books are bought and sold via PM all the time here, and what occurred was soundly within the sellers rules.

Don’t be ridiculous. That sale was poorly handled to say the least.

You don't be ridiculous, whiner.

And to think I believed you a thoughtful, and respectful person, when we first met and talked to PM. It is almost embarassing to receive such a reply from a man of your age.

Review your own behavior here:

Roger66:

Very questionable selling practices at a minimum here.

Vaillant:

Agreed. Bring this to the discussion thread if needed.

igordesign23:

Oh My. Apologies to everyone here. I mean no disrespect to anyone or try to pull the rug underneath anyone. I truly had someone pm me and buy it. the buyer saw the talk on here and asked me to not disclose any personal info.

I honesty sometimes sell and buy here.

Maybe bad timing, a fluke. I have those al the time.

In the end it's just a comic book.

Vaillant:

This would have been a good explanation, but why you added "In the end it's just a comic book"?

It’s not the matter of being a comic book, a toy or a record. You had a sale via PM and it is only legitimate that a regular buyer in the thread, which posted his regular "takeit" within three (and I say three) minutes asks to have additional information.

You don’t need to disclose this information publicly, but I think the thread buyer deserves it.

They might be "just comic books" but they have been part of my personal upbringing, in the best possible way. I would have loved that Dr. Strange #169 myself.

not sure why you think he handled the sale poorly. He listed his rules, he followed them. Not sure what else you expect him to do.

:shrug:

(tsk)

Generated in 0.096 seconds in which 0.011 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

This is one of the few venues where I've seen all the public whining and biotching about non-public purchases. You don't get to review my comiclink or ebay purchases. You don't get to review my paypal statement. You don't get to review my credit card statements. You don't get to review my PMs. Get over it.

Buying/selling comics here is like life or death to some people. The entitlement level here is off the charts. We've always had drama on these boards but it really seems like people have lost their minds lately. It's head shaking at times

(tsk)

Generated in 0.096 seconds in which 0.011 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Generated in 0.035 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Agreed!

Although I did pile on the threads rapping with my own opinions. :(

Don't you always?? lol

I tend to hide in the post count thread posting endless emoticons. :)

Which is childish, BTW

(tsk)

Generated in 0.035 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

(worship) I always knew you were fast, but that is impressive ;)

(tsk)

Generated in 0.025 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

It is very possible that someone bought it via pm, and just as possible that he realized he could make more money on it.

The part that I thought he handled poorly was his message of "I honesty sometimes sell and buy here. Maybe bad timing, a fluke. I have those al the time. In the end it's just a comic book."

Of course it's just a comic book. It just seemed a bit dismissive to the other buyer's concerns. If we are going to use the "It's only a....." to justify actions then anything outside of someone dying is irrelevant then. It's just a car, it's just money, and so on.