• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You know, we could sit here and point fingers all day...

267 posts in this topic

I really dislike the acceptance of PM purchases, for this reason.

I have always felt that all purchases should be consumated in the thread.

ie; PM deals are fine. But buyer or seller MUST post :takeit: or "SOLD! per PM", in the thread to finalize the deal. Until such is posted, there is no deal. Therefore everyone knows what is available and what is not.

Eliminating any question of impropriety on the sellers part.

The way I handled this was to state that PMs don't win the book until I am able to post the book was purchased. If someone beats my post that the book was no longer available, they win.

This is wild. If I'm discussing a book with a buyer and we agree to terms and I say in that PM something like 'OK, we have a deal'....we have a deal, period. I've told you that we have a deal. I don't care how long it takes me to post it in the thread that the book is sold. And, if you (I'm using the "collective" you...not you personally) want to question my propriety surrounding such action, go find your nearest beach, dump some sand on your head, and pound it. 2c

Of course, I make this clear in my sales thread rules.

So what happens if you start PM at 1101, guy responds to you at 1103 and you finalize it at 1105, but meanwhile someone hits the I'll take it at 1104.

definitely some consistent rule needs to be agreed on.

Like 'no matter what negotiations may be going on, an :takeit: in thread trumps anything'.

^^

"Negotiations still going on" and "terms agreed to" are apples and oranges. If negotiations are still ongoing, terms have not been agreed to, and the thread poster wins.Not complicated.

My admin assistant at work is incompetent...is this a good place to vent those grievances?

An :takeit: in thread trumps anything that occurs in PM.

I love how I've never seen kav buy or sell anything on the boards yet he's the foremost authority on buying and selling. lol

knowledge is Power!

(worship)

Are we doing this again? CGC is not going to mediate anything and there are no clear final sales rules on this thread. Basically, the seller can make his final sale to whoever. He may not necessarily do it ethically, but that's the way it is on here.

I don't know what transpired but I wouldn't get worked up about it.

There are lots of issues with the word "assume" ...and of course the old joke.

I prefer buying by PM...because I don't like to advertise what I buy to strangers. I don't care that people I know see what I buy, but you are not the only ones watching.

I've had the displeasure of a complete ransacking of my house once, years ago, that I've never forgotten. I've also had my alarm go off more than once when I was on vacation.

So, I'm careful.

Therefore, I allow OTHER people to buy from me via PM and I will not out them, without their permission.

I have in the past, gotten a few very fast PMs. Usually from dealers who don't want people to see what they are buying.

Sometimes I'll ask someone buying by PM to post a take it, sometimes they don't want to, so I will for them.

My sales still go by timestamp in either place..

I'm going to "assume" that the seller of that book feels the same way I do, and that he priced the book knowing it was a deal.

I've priced books knowing they were a deal, and I've bought a few knowing that they were a deal.

Stuff happens...it's sad that people automatically assume that there is something nefarious going on and even if the seller changed his/her mind...it isn't a 911 issue, is it?

I know it's been a while, but maybe some of us remember what real problems are like.

No one lost their life by not getting a cheap comic.

This is another option-seller can conduct business however he sees fit and everyone can just accept that. They can say they won't do business with him-until the next incredible deal pops up....

I prefer buying by PM...because I don't like to advertise what I buy to strangers. I don't care that people I know see what I buy, but you are not the only ones watching.

I've had the displeasure of a complete ransacking of my house once, years ago, that I've never forgotten. I've also had my alarm go off more than once when I was on vacation.

So, I'm careful.

Therefore, I allow OTHER people to buy from me via PM and I will not out them, without their permission.

I have in the past, gotten a few very fast PMs. Usually from dealers who don't want people to see what they are buying.

Sometimes I'll ask someone buying by PM to post a take it, sometimes they don't want to, so I will for them.

I'm going to "assume" that the seller of that book feels the same way I do, and that he priced the book knowing it was a deal.

I've priced books knowing they were a deal, and I've bought a few knowing that they were a deal.

Stuff happens...it's sad that people automatically assume that there is something nefarious going on and even if the seller changed his/her mind...it isn't a 911 issue, is it?

I know it's been a while, but maybe some of us remember what real problems are like.

FTCFY*

*fixed the color for you

Hi Wally! What's new? :shy:

same 'ol, same 'ol...

I'm 'bout ready to have an ice cold pepsi in da bottle

with maybe some peanuts in it!

:cloud9:

Okay I'm intrigued after googling this and I'm trying it! How many peanuts are recommended?

(It's a Friday thread so I feel this is a fair question)

image.jpg1_zpsdq66h80m.jpg +image.jpg1_zpss4msj9fv.jpg

same 'ol, same 'ol...

Okay I'm intrigued after googling this and I'm trying it! How many peanuts are recommended?

The whole bag?!? :o

FTCFY

:o

FTCFY*

*fixed the color for you

Thanks, I meant to put the "real" in red, but I hit dark blue by accident. It's not easy keeping up my colors, lol.

But I still like them;)

FTCFY

same 'ol, same 'ol...

Absolutely!

I really dislike the acceptance of PM purchases, for this reason.

I have always felt that all purchases should be consumated in the thread.

ie; PM deals are fine. But buyer or seller MUST post :takeit: or "SOLD! per PM", in the thread to finalize the deal. Until such is posted, there is no deal. Therefore everyone knows what is available and what is not.

Eliminating any question of impropriety on the sellers part.

The way I handled this was to state that PMs don't win the book until I am able to post the book was purchased. If someone beats my post that the book was no longer available, they win.

This is wild. If I'm discussing a book with a buyer and we agree to terms and I say in that PM something like 'OK, we have a deal'....we have a deal, period. I've told you that we have a deal. I don't care how long it takes me to post it in the thread that the book is sold. And, if you (I'm using the "collective" you...not you personally) want to question my propriety surrounding such action, go find your nearest beach, dump some sand on your head, and pound it. 2c

Of course, I make this clear in my sales thread rules.

So what happens if you start PM at 1101, guy responds to you at 1103 and you finalize it at 1105, but meanwhile someone hits the I'll take it at 1104.

definitely some consistent rule needs to be agreed on.

Like 'no matter what negotiations may be going on, an :takeit: in thread trumps anything'.

^^

"Negotiations still going on" and "terms agreed to" are apples and oranges. If negotiations are still ongoing, terms have not been agreed to, and the thread poster wins.Not complicated.

My admin assistant at work is incompetent...is this a good place to vent those grievances?

An :takeit: in thread trumps anything that occurs in PM.

And you are free to use that rule in YOUR sales thread. (thumbs u

Those 2-3 minutes that are spent haggling out a lower price are the risk you take when somebody else comes along and grabs it by taking it in the sales thread.

BINGO

That's up to the seller. :)

So, I'm careful.

Like the seller said "it's just a comic". Perspective. :cloud9:

same 'ol, same 'ol...

Absolutely!

I have to try this. hm

same 'ol, same 'ol...

Absolutely!

Hell YeYA - North Cackalacky Style!

:headbang: