• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You know, we could sit here and point fingers all day...

267 posts in this topic

I really dislike the acceptance of PM purchases, for this reason.

I have always felt that all purchases should be consumated in the thread.

ie; PM deals are fine. But buyer or seller MUST post :takeit: or "SOLD! per PM", in the thread to finalize the deal. Until such is posted, there is no deal. Therefore everyone knows what is available and what is not.

Eliminating any question of impropriety on the sellers part.

The way I handled this was to state that PMs don't win the book until I am able to post the book was purchased. If someone beats my post that the book was no longer available, they win.

This is wild. If I'm discussing a book with a buyer and we agree to terms and I say in that PM something like 'OK, we have a deal'....we have a deal, period. I've told you that we have a deal. I don't care how long it takes me to post it in the thread that the book is sold. And, if you (I'm using the "collective" you...not you personally) want to question my propriety surrounding such action, go find your nearest beach, dump some sand on your head, and pound it. 2c

Of course, I make this clear in my sales thread rules.

Before you send the PM "we have a deal" just post in the thread the book is no longer available. It's not hard. You can always make it available again.

The buyer could save the seller an awful lot of grief by simply coming forward and allowing the seller to post the timestamp.

Pretty shottty of him to stand by and allow a guy who gave him a great deal take the flack.

If he exists.

After all, its only a comic book.

I'm so hard core when someone snatches a book out from under me I congratulate them and pay for the book for them! Then I buy them another copy!