• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paper Girls by BKV & Cliff Chiang!

381 posts in this topic

90k seems high. I think it's somewhere between an average of their (Image) highest selling book which is walking dead at around 83k, and the other BKV book which sold 79k for number 1, and 52k for number 2. I think between 70k and 80k. You've got to remember that retailers had to plan their budgets for a lot of new marvel books on the same day. My shop usually orders 100+ walking dead and only got 30 paper girls.

Edited by freecharlie

90k seems high. I think it's somewhere between an average of their (Image) highest selling book which is walking dead at around 83k, and the other BKV book which sold 79k for number 1, and 52k for number 2. I think between 70k and 80k. You've got to remember that retailers had to plan their budgets for a lot of new marvel books on the same day. My shop usually orders 100+ walking dead and only got 30 paper girls.

your last line is some good info. Obviously everyone has/goes to different size stores. Midtown getting 500+ doesn't mean every store in the country does, and the smallest LCS in Butte getting 2 doesn't mean much more. BUT finding out the relative order size compared to a known, established Image comic like TWD DOES IMO provide a little bit of a better picture of projected print run, with a large enough sample size, of course.

I could see this book being ordered as heavily as We Stand On Guard. What was that print run? Like 79k?

It's a new book but BKV is a proven writer that sales a ton of books. 80k+ is easily possible with this book for issue 1.

I'm just hoping it's well received the drop off to future issues is small.

Next Saturday, October 17th some of the creative team from Paper Girls will be at Heroes Aren't Hard To Find in Charlotte, North Carolina for a release party signing with Scottie Young, Jason Latour and Rico Renzi. The team from Paper Girls will be Cliff Chiang (art), Jared K. Fletcher (letters & design) and Matt Wilson (colors).

The signing is from 2-5 and here is a link to the website. http://heroesonline.com/calendar/

Gonna try my hardest to get off work so I can make it down... still have never had any of my books signed, and this seems like a great opportunity (CGC present or not).

As for Paper Girls, issue one is just under the new Secret Wars in my stack to read from this week.

I still haven't read my copy of Paper Girls #1 either and this will be the first book that I've ever had signed. I'm going to try and get another copy this weekend from the shop that I bought my first copy from so I'll have one for reading and one to put away but I'm guessing that they're probably sold out by now.

All of the comic shops in my area ordered very light on paper girls so I'm hoping that it slipped under everyones radar with all of the new Marvel releases but I don't think that I'll be that lucky. The most copies I saw at any local LCS was 5.