• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transactions with Greg /Chicks Comics *Shipping Updates*

63 posts in this topic

I noticed The Chicks Cosmic Comics website is still up and running.

I was reading through some of his blogs, heartbreaking in light of recent events.

I assume you are addressing the site as well as board deals, as the longer it stays up and accepting orders, the more stuff you will have to sort out.

(I don't know if other people from his family also run it too, or if it was just Greg's thing, as he was the only one I would hear back from when contacting it.)

Update!!!!

Hi all,

As you can imagine, Gregs wife is addressing what needs to be taken care of. There will be a wake this coming Sunday 2-6 in Hingham, MA at Keohane Funeral Home on 21 Emerald St.. I asked her about an online obituary and that is going up soon. She just didn't know when they would be complete with Gregs autopsy. There will also be a Mass on Monday, I didn't catch the church or town.

She has been sounding clearer and a bit more relaxed each time I have spoken with her. Today we discussed again the loose ended transactions that need to be completed and I will be going to the home next Saturday. On that day I plan to get a grasp of whats there, get myself organized and locate for you guys that have deals books in question and hopefully get some ready to ship. She has expressed a sincere willingness to keep Gregs name in good standing and does infact insist on getting these deal done. She just needs me to help as shes not all that savy of a comic booker. So that's that :wishluck:

I have also been in close contact with our own, most esteemed boardie/den mother, skipinkblu (Sharon). She is going to help set up and conduct the charity thread for Gregs wife's benefit. Funeral home bills are rolling in as well as other and Greg was unemployed for the last 2 years. There was no life insurance and shes financially challenged at the moment though this. I explained the charity thread to her and need to touch base again with Sharon and we do have some helpers as well to make this a success.

We all know Greg has lots of books and I did discuss today that within the charity thread for Greg that it would make a lot of sense to offer his books for sale within this thread. She certainly doesn't have any connection to them, she needs the money and she is counting on me to be honest in pricing them and helping her with the sale/thread. She has expressed much gratitude to me and to all of you.

I will be attending the wake Sunday and I don't care to mention the word comic book while there. I plan to speak to her later in the week to confirm Saturday and I plan to, with Sharon an company, create a most rockin' charity/sales thread.

On that note, Sharon may need some helpers and you could PM her. My experience with running a charity thread is nil, so I am thankful for her and how she has reached out to me to assist.

I hope some of you have access to the boards next Saturday. The thread could run a few extra days and I'm preparing for big results. I'm hoping you all can post a book for sale, small or big and well as simple cash donations. There will be a final set of details outlining the charity event on Saturday which I'm sure Sharon will post in the sales forum.

Thanks

Chris

PS I did alert her to the website that it is active. She explained that she needs to find out how to login and disable it. I'm sure its on her list.

Update!!!!

Hi all,

As you can imagine, Gregs wife is addressing what needs to be taken care of. There will be a wake this coming Sunday 2-6 in Hingham, MA at Keohane Funeral Home on 21 Emerald St.. I asked her about an online obituary and that is going up soon. She just didn't know when they would be complete with Gregs autopsy. There will also be a Mass on Monday, I didn't catch the church or town.

She has been sounding clearer and a bit more relaxed each time I have spoken with her. Today we discussed again the loose ended transactions that need to be completed and I will be going to the home next Saturday. On that day I plan to get a grasp of whats there, get myself organized and locate for you guys that have deals books in question and hopefully get some ready to ship. She has expressed a sincere willingness to keep Gregs name in good standing and does infact insist on getting these deal done. She just needs me to help as shes not all that savy of a comic booker. So that's that :wishluck:

I have also been in close contact with our own, most esteemed boardie/den mother, skipinkblu (Sharon). She is going to help set up and conduct the charity thread for Gregs wife's benefit. Funeral home bills are rolling in as well as other and Greg was unemployed for the last 2 years. There was no life insurance and shes financially challenged at the moment though this. I explained the charity thread to her and need to touch base again with Sharon and we do have some helpers as well to make this a success.

We all know Greg has lots of books and I did discuss today that within the charity thread for Greg that it would make a lot of sense to offer his books for sale within this thread. She certainly doesn't have any connection to them, she needs the money and she is counting on me to be honest in pricing them and helping her with the sale/thread. She has expressed much gratitude to me and to all of you.

I will be attending the wake Sunday and I don't care to mention the word comic book while there. I plan to speak to her later in the week to confirm Saturday and I plan to, with Sharon an company, create a most rockin' charity/sales thread.

On that note, Sharon may need some helpers and you could PM her. My experience with running a charity thread is nil, so I am thankful for her and how she has reached out to me to assist.

I hope some of you have access to the boards next Saturday. The thread could run a few extra days and I'm preparing for big results. I'm hoping you all can post a book for sale, small or big and well as simple cash donations. There will be a final set of details outlining the charity event on Saturday which I'm sure Sharon will post in the sales forum.

Thanks

Chris

PS I did alert her to the website that it is active. She explained that she needs to find out how to login and disable it. I'm sure its on her list.

the troops await your orders sir ;)

regards

Update!!!!

Hi all,

Thanks

Chris

Huge props to you for being such a standup guy, Chris, but having had the pleasure of popping into your shop and chatting a few times with you, it doesn't surprise me in the least. Also nice to hear other Boston-area boardies offering to pitch in, as well.

Thoughts to Greg's wife and family and friends throughout this challenging time.

Thanks for the update, Chris.

The funeral will be at the Church of the Resurrection, Hingham at 10 a.m. (thanks Hector!)

http://resurrectionhingham.org/

I just got off the phone with Chris a little while ago.

The sales/charity thread for Greg will start a week from tomorrow. This will give Chris a chance to wind up everything that was pending..

We will be selling Greg's books, but of course people are always welcome to donate their own to help out..

I'll post something more specific later in the week.Greg's wife will have her own PP account and all payments will go directly into her account.

We've got some terrific volunteers, but these threads can be a lot of work. If anyone is familiar with using a Google spreadsheet (Google Docs) I could use one more volunteer. Just pm me if you want to help and have some spare time.

Thanks and have a safe weekend!

Sharon

Chris, looks like Greg registered his CHICKSCOSMICCOMICS.COM domain name at GoDaddy. If his wife knows his GoDaddy login username & password, she could log in and simply change the DNS to GoDaddy's general servers. That will take down the site quickly.

If she doesn't have his GoDaddy login info, she will hopefully have access to his email account and should be able to request the login password to be reset.

Greg's webhost company appears to have been Media Temple (www.mediatemple.net). Alternatively, she could probably reach out to them to take the site down, but will likely need to provide his death certificate, which could delay the site coming down as she waits for the certificates to be received from the funeral home.

All the best to her and Greg's family & friends. You, Sharon and whoever else is helping are beacons of light in a very dark time for that family.

I posted this in the announcement thread.

Saturday morning (9/26) at about 9am, we will be starting a thread in G/S/B to benefit the widow of our board member ChicksCosmiComics (The Artist Formerly Known as VW Clobberin thing)

Greg passed away Tuesday Seot 15th, leaving his wife a widow with a lot of bills and no insurance.

Junkdrawer will be listing Greg's books in the thread.

Everyone is welcome to donate their own books or other comic related items if they wish. I have the Paypal address in case anyone wants to make a direct donation.

Greg had quite a few books and funerals are expensive. I hope we can all get together and help his poor widow, out. Forget Baltimore, shop here...or enjoy Baltimore and shop extra;) :foryou:

I'll post further details Sat morning, if you have any questions in the meantime, just pm me.

Thanks!

Sharon

I am so glad to say that today after this post that I am heading down to the post office with books for:

Wally's Comics

Bunky Brian

Columbia Comics

Muster Mark

Lone Tree

DavidtheDavid

These were some of the deals that Greg had recieved funds and I said I would complete them. :acclaim:

There are about 4 more deals to complete and I hope to address them soon. I know I got a package for strummer2 going out Monday so that would leave just 3 :banana:

Such a reminder to make sure our loved ones have our information like passwords, account names, etc. available to them just in case the unthinkable happened so that we don't have thousands trapped in paypal or wherever when they may really need them. As it is my wife will have a huge number of comics she has no idea what to do with and my 10 year old just doesn't know enough yet to do anything either. junkD is doing a real mitzvah here.