• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OBSCURE DC'S! - Post 'em if you love 'em!
5 5

395 posts in this topic

dqtc28.jpg

Is that an early Wood cover?

No. Wood's early work for DC was a few war stories and the inking of Kirby's Challengers.

Well, that sure screams Wood...maybe it is, but never got noted anywhere. Just look at it...look at the lines on the planes, and the way the people are drawn. I think it's Wood... :baiting: In fact, now that I look at it, he even signed his name at the bottom. It's kinda crude, but he was probably just starting out... hm

Edited by tricolorbrian

While going through this TERRIFIC thread, I've discovered that a good portion

of my collection is comprised of "OBSCURE DC'S".

<a  href=https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2893/9239443913_b7b412e2f9_z.jpg' alt='9239443913_b7b412e2f9_z.jpg'>IMG FUNNY FOLKS #10

dqtc28.jpg

Is that an early Wood cover?

No. Wood's early work for DC was a few war stories and the inking of Kirby's Challengers.

Well, that sure screams Wood...maybe it is, but never got noted anywhere. Just look at it...look at the lines on the planes, and the way the people are drawn. I think it's Wood... :baiting: In fact, now that I look at it, he even signed his name at the bottom. It's kinda crude, but he was probably just starting out... hm

If you look carefully at that signature, it's actually Woad. Willie Woad did some work for DC before moving on to lingerie ads.

Shame Ian Levine isn't around these days...I hear he has an obscure DC or two...

So rumor has it....

Wasn't one of the Leave it to Binky's among the last books he needed?

Buzzy 70 or something like that?

You could be right that it was Buzzy, not Binky.