• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con will Still be a 3 day con, Sept. 2-4, 2016

262 posts in this topic

I'm still haven't heard back about getting booth prices to reserve a booth. Their website has absolutely no info about booths. Anyone know how I can get that info - Sep is not that far away.

Call Marc at his store.

Who is Marc? Which store? Thanks in advance for the help.

Marc Nathan, he is one of the promoters of BCC.

http://cardscomicscollectibles.com/

That's his store, that's how I got ahold of him, when I did the show back in 2014.

Good luck at the show (thumbs u

o.k. I got this on the calendar - Finally!

I want to see how Marc Nathan rolls it!

I hate to miss a convention that is so close, but I did so well this year at Heroes

I talked the wife into sharing her birthday weekend in the first week of Sept.

I'm a regular at Heroes, but the timing has always been a challenge for this show.

So what's the best thing about this show?

I've heard the raw comics rival the charlotte con...

hm

Booked my flight yesterday.

The comic buying is better than Heroes.

Debatable. Compared to Heroes of this year? Possibly. But I generally prefer Heroes over Baltimore, not the least reason why is that B-more is generally a week or two behind WW Chicago, so many of the named dealers have the same stock you saw just a few weekends prior. Baltimore was a bit dry last year, if it wasn't for a off-site hotel deal that I did for some slabs and a box of raw books from another dealer, it would've been really underwhelming.

The questions posed to anyone who attended this con last year. How was the show in action?

Does the other cons prior to Baltimore con affect to this con? As in buying raw comics, that is.

I ask that because I am looking in going to Baltimore next year with a friend. But I want to know which U.S. comic con is best in great selection of raw comics in buying?

hm

Debatable. Compared to Heroes of this year? Possibly. But I generally prefer Heroes over Baltimore, not the least reason why is that B-more is generally a week or two behind WW Chicago, so many of the named dealers have the same stock you saw just a few weekends prior. Baltimore was a bit dry last year, if it wasn't for a off-site hotel deal that I did for some slabs and a box of raw books from another dealer, it would've been really underwhelming.

Suck it George.

We are also likely to make our first trip to this one, will have to find some things the Wife likes to occupy her time.
inner harbor is cool...minimal shopping but decent asst of restaurants

Suck it George.

Love ya Sweetcakes! :luhv:

Any hotel recommendations?

Anyone ever stay at the Lord Baltimore Hotel? Good rate through the comicon website and seems close enough. A few hotels are already sold out so I booked just to get a reservation in. I can always cancel.

This Con was the big discussion piece at my small Con yesterday. The bigger dealers where on the fence about setting up since it was Labor Day weekend and they all felt like it may be poorly attended. They mentioned a big Con down in Atlanta that same weekend but I'm too lazy to Google what it is called. Anybody have any thought on this?

The big con they are referring to is Dragon Con. This year, the same weekend also has Toronto Fan Expi and Salt Lake City Comic Con. The two things Baltimore has going for it that might/should help is that even though they'll have a few entertainment guests, the focus is comics, and CGC is doing on-site.

This Con was the big discussion piece at my small Con yesterday. The bigger dealers where on the fence about setting up since it was Labor Day weekend and they all felt like it may be poorly attended. They mentioned a big Con down in Atlanta that same weekend but I'm too lazy to Google what it is called. Anybody have any thought on this?

If by "poorly attended" you mean "smashing all previous ticket sales" then you're probably right. Since that's what's happened.