• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con will Still be a 3 day con, Sept. 2-4, 2016

262 posts in this topic

For those of you attending Baltimore Comic Con and may have missed his work in the Boston Comic Con thread, here is an artist I recently became familiar with that will have a booth in Baltimore. I saw this piece and was instantly drawn to it. The artists name is JaCo Tartaruga and he'll also be attending Baltimore and possibly NYCC. He wound up doing a few incredible pieces for Chris "junkdrawer" at the show in Boston that can be seen in that thread. Many thanks to Chris for helping me by getting JaCo one of the last blank copies of The Tick so I'll be getting my own JaCo piece and can't wait to see it in Baltimore! To check out more of his work his site is http://jacotartaruga.com

28kooir.jpg

Is JaCo going to be in Baltimore? I wouldn't mind getting a Tick done myself....heck, I wouldn't mind getting a Maxx done by him, and that is saying A LOT coming from me

Is JaCo going to be in Baltimore? I wouldn't mind getting a Tick done myself....heck, I wouldn't mind getting a Maxx done by him, and that is saying A LOT coming from me

He will be at the Baltimore show, and possibly NYCC. I think a Maxx by him would be awesome!

He will be at the Baltimore show, and possibly NYCC. I think a Maxx by him would be awesome!

Me too, done in that style it would be pretty damn cool. Got to see if I can find myself a blank Maxx now.

I know IDW released one sometime

MetalPSI

Thank you for your interest.

I would love to do a MAXX for you either in a sketch cover, or a sized commission.

You let me know.

It will be ideal that you provide me with the cover before the event (if possible).

Thanks,

JaCo

PS- IntoAnother - Thanks for the referral!

Me too, done in that style it would be pretty damn cool. Got to see if I can find myself a blank Maxx now.

I know IDW released one sometime

IDW released a Maxx #13 blank cover but it's sold out and goes for big money on eBay nowadays, sadly.

Aww that sucks. Thanks for the heads up Joel, really :)

FYI - - - I am on a waiting list for the NYCC artist alley.

Unfortunately, when people are on a waiting list, the likelihood is "better luck next year" scenario.

My next event after Baltimore is in NOVEMBER (Heroes/Villains Atlanta)...

I need to start sending emails to other cons, for Sept and October and see if there is a slight chance of getting in at least one. Otherwise it will be a break for me to catch up on things (commissions, etc)

Regarding NYCC, I do have a 4 day pass and will be making my rounds, even helping out my new friend Troy from FANBOY collectibles at his booth.

If anyone wants to connect some day at NYCC, please let me know.

Best to all,

JaCo

This is our first time setting up at Baltimore (we moved from TX last year). In the email sent to dealers, it states that everyone must be loaded out in 2 hours. This seems impossible to me. Just seeing if they have a great system of getting everyone loaded out, or if they just put that on there to get everyone to move faster.

This is our first time setting up at Baltimore (we moved from TX last year). In the email sent to dealers, it states that everyone must be loaded out in 2 hours. This seems impossible to me. Just seeing if they have a great system of getting everyone loaded out, or if they just put that on there to get everyone to move faster.

It depends on what you are setting up.

Since I am an artist, My setup consist of one banner, modular grid, and a back drop hanging display (retractable).

I may need to sacrifice the grid since I will be arriving the same day (Friday).

For vendors it will be a lot more difficult and down to the wire.

So best of luck, I will leave at 4am in order to get there by 7am.

JaCo

The JaCo process!

k9f5oy.jpg

2899153.jpg

nn8p4x.jpg

It is by far more special than I ever could have imagined it to be! :cloud9:

Thank you so very much JaCo! I can't wait to pick it up at the show next week! :whee:

This was a fun project...If there is anything that I may say that was an obstacle, I would say the paper. but the pose, lightness of the body and accents worked pretty efficiently.

I may consider drawing this on a 12 x 18 and have it ready for a future convention...but I am still thinking about it.

I am happy that you are happy...

JaCo