• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con will Still be a 3 day con, Sept. 2-4, 2016

262 posts in this topic

Any hotel recommendations?

Anyone ever stay at the Lord Baltimore Hotel? Good rate through the comicon website and seems close enough. A few hotels are already sold out so I booked just to get a reservation in. I can always cancel.

I have. It is very nice - I rarely stay up there for the show as I'm home in an hour and a half, but stayed there once because of Harvey Awards. Walkable to the show, great beds.

I will likely attend the convention. although due to it being Labor Day weekend, I may be away.

I went last year on Friday (as usual) to avoid the crowds.

Of course going on Friday, it seems the dealers are not as "negotiable" on their prices as later in the weekend. That and the fact that I hate to negotiate anyway, led to me leaving with only one book last year.

I still went home happy, however, knowing that one book had found a good home!

Any hotel recommendations?

Anyone ever stay at the Lord Baltimore Hotel? Good rate through the comicon website and seems close enough. A few hotels are already sold out so I booked just to get a reservation in. I can always cancel.

I have. It is very nice - I rarely stay up there for the show as I'm home in an hour and a half, but stayed there once because of Harvey Awards. Walkable to the show, great beds.

Thanks.

The big con they are referring to is Dragon Con. This year, the same weekend also has Toronto Fan Expi and Salt Lake City Comic Con. The two things Baltimore has going for it that might/should help is that even though they'll have a few entertainment guests, the focus is comics, and CGC is doing on-site.

Isn't the San Francisco Comic Con the same weekend as well?

The big con they are referring to is Dragon Con. This year, the same weekend also has Toronto Fan Expi and Salt Lake City Comic Con. The two things Baltimore has going for it that might/should help is that even though they'll have a few entertainment guests, the focus is comics, and CGC is doing on-site.

Isn't the San Francisco Comic Con the same weekend as well?

And Fan Expo in Toronto too

I attended last year (Saturday only) and had a blast. So many books in the room, it was dizzying trying to take it all in. I am hoping to attend this year as well, if for no other reason than to meet some of you I have purchased books from. It would be nice to put a face to a name or two so that I can discard these caricatures I've dreamed up for so many of you :)

Looks like Murph and I will be splitting a booth (fingers crossed on a corner booth still being open). I'm excited to add this to my list of mega Con to set up at. It's a few days before my birthday so hopefully people will be out in droves to give me some good sales as a birthday present.

Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn close to the convention center?

I'm thinking of flying out for this show, and am torn between the Lord Baltimore and the Holiday Inn should I decide to go...

Thanks!

Does anyone know what pricing will be for on site grading? I don't see on site prices listed anywhere.

Are they offering onsite?

According to their events page.

https://www.cgccomics.com/events/Index.aspx

Yes. They are offering onsite. BTW Baltimore pulls in a zillion books to get graded, so be there early.

Does anyone know what pricing will be for on site grading? I don't see on site prices listed anywhere.

Are they offering onsite?

According to their events page.

https://www.cgccomics.com/events/Index.aspx

Yes. They are offering onsite. BTW Baltimore pulls in a zillion books to get graded, so be there early.

Do you know how onsite grading is priced?

Booked my flight yesterday.

The comic buying is better than Heroes.

Do they sell gelato in Baltimore?

Or would you stand me up again? :cry:

We were leaving when you dorks were just ordering.

Are you going? :tonofbricks:

Pricing for on site grading:

Modern $30

Economy $55

Standard $90

Express $140

Walkthru $250 min

Signature Series

Modern $40

Economy $65

Standard $100

Express $160