• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread for Greg Cicchetti aka ChicksCosmiComics AKA VW Clobberin Th

829 posts in this topic

Thats all folks. I'm going home.

Bravo for all your sterling work. :applause:

For sure! :applause:

Kudos to you Junkdrawer! Great job! I'm going to throw these books into the mix..

Amazing Spider-Man Variants 568 NM 570 NM 571 NM- $20 shipped

4mXylebl.jpgfTgvJ6Xl.jpgdJ28SkMl.jpg

:takeit:

Greg was 42...here's an issue #42...

$35 to Dorothy gets it shipped to you in the USA; $45 to Dorothy gets it shipped to you in Canada

Real Life Comics #42, FN- 5.5

couple small edge stains back cover; diag. creasing ULBC; bit of rust on top staple with slight touch of migration at centerfold; tiny stain leading edge FC

Schomburg cover

reallife42_f.jpg

reallife42_r.jpg

Greg was 42...here's an issue #42...

$35 to Dorothy gets it shipped to you in the USA; $45 to Dorothy gets it shipped to you in Canada

Real Life Comics #42, FN- 5.5

couple small edge stains back cover; diag. creasing ULBC; bit of rust on top staple with slight touch of migration at centerfold; tiny stain leading edge FC

Schomburg cover

^^

:applause:

Once we catch up a little more with the invoices, we'll work on the updates, it will be easier. I wish I had more people helping, but we don't and everyone is kind of stretched right now.

If some brave soul would like to update the update, just raise your hand, lol. it would be great.

Junk said he was only going to Dorothy's for one day to list books from there, I guess we'll find out tomorrow, if there are more.

Meanwhile people are more than welcome to add donations here...

To help out those running the thread please remember to put you board ID in the Note portion of your Paypal payment and whether you are paying for a book(s) or if it's a donation, it saves a lot of time recording the payments!

I just turned 42 this month so to find out Greg was the same age has really hit me. I can't imagine what his loved ones are going through. I hope that these purchases will ease some of the financial burdens so they can focus on each other and working through this difficult time.

My small contribution:

Avengers 59 VG- $20 paid to Dorothy - shipping included

7FAC4B49-8B24-4FEB-AE74-9691D4AC99EF_zpspzgtpedi.jpg

Hows it work? $6k and books keep being added until someone pulls the trigger?

Ding ding!

Most valuable item was added first

I have been on the thread all day as many others have and am starting to burn out so here is a thought. Since this is all going to the family, why not list all of the books you want to be included and run it auction style with a starting bid of say $3000 or so. That way, we all know what we are buying and the family is guaranteed to get a big chunk of money. You can even preview it tonight and run the auction tomorrow since it is late on the East Coast. I would hate to see no one spend the $6k and it be all or nothing. It is possible that with the right books, you might even bring more than the $6k number. Just a thought.