• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Miller Mini Comic Cover

91 posts in this topic

What is everyone's thoughts on Frank Millers Dark Knight 3 mini comic cover? I thought it was a joke initially. To me it looks like he has stopped trying. Looks like he used doodles to draw Superman and his proportions and details are very off. If it wasn't for Sinclair I don't think he would be recognizable. I hope this is not how the rest of his work is going to look. Is this the red flag regarding the end of his career? He can only bank off of his name for so long because the level of work is no longer up to snuff!

DKIIIMini1200_560f23e66e7918.48458184.jpg

I take it you haven't seen a photo of Miller lately? Frankly, I'm surprised he drew anything.

He looked much better in the most recent photo I saw of him and he is healthy enough to attend NYCC this year and is a featured guest at the Paris Con in a couple of weeks.

What is everyone's thoughts on Frank Millers Dark Knight 3 mini comic cover? I thought it was a joke initially. To me it looks like he has stopped trying. Looks like he used doodles to draw Superman and his proportions and details are very off. If it wasn't for Sinclair I don't think he would be recognizable. I hope this is not how the rest of his work is going to look. Is this the red flag regarding the end of his career? He can only bank off of his name for so long because the level of work is no longer up to snuff!

This is a brilliant cover. Brilliant..

Im surprised DC approved this based on the grotesque and effeminate portrayal of the man of steel

Im surprised DC approved this based on the grotesque and effeminate portrayal of the man of steel

Look at the proportions from his pecs to his waist on the left side and his right side is lopsided to his left. A disaster in drawing 101. It makes Liefelds Captain America look good. I have seen much better work from some 11 year olds. It looks like he is trying to push out a log.

tumblr_n089luw7o71qbw704o2_500.jpg

Anyone who had the misfortune to read "Holy Terror" knows that the bell began tolling quite a while ago.

Anyone who had the misfortune to read "Holy Terror" knows that the bell began tolling quite a while ago.

Yes, but the artwork in Holy Terror wasn't anywhere close to this level. Let's just hope he can still write a good story, otherwise DK3 may not make it past book 1 in terms of book sales. DC has a lot of money banking on the series, HCs and so on.

81Tj4%2BBYVHL.jpg

You are all wrong this is a great cover. Miller can do no wrong never has. You maybe just don't see his vision. Why doesn't everybody that bashes it do this. Go draw a cover here Frank miller style and make it look better than his. Don't say his sucks don't say you can do better. Actually draw a better one and present it here for all to view. When atleast 3 people agree that yours is better than his then you can say he sucks

Look at the proportions from his pecs to his waist on the left side and his right side is lopsided to his left. A disaster in drawing 101. It makes Liefelds Captain America look good. I have seen much better work from some 11 year olds. It looks like he is trying to push out a log.

If youre concerned with the anatomical proportions of this drawing... You arent reading it right

Look at his

I have no doubt in my mind that Miller is doing thing alot more conceptual than before. Many artists have chosen this path ie Giffen, Motter, etc etc

Again, kudos to DC for approving this. I would have never thought they would

You are all wrong this is a great cover. Miller can do no wrong never has. You maybe just don't see his vision. Why doesn't everybody that bashes it do this. Go draw a cover here Frank miller style and make it look better than his. Don't say his sucks don't say you can do better. Actually draw a better one and present it here for all to view. When atleast 3 people agree that yours is better than his then you can say he sucks

I like Frank's work, but this is not one of his better drawings and I never stated I could do better, I stated I know some 11 year olds who can do a better Superman.

I do also Salvador dali did better sketches at 11 than frank miller But then again at 11 Salvador dali drew better than 99 percent of the artist of the 20th century. When you can draw better bash it. Everybody has one underwhelming piece in their portfolio maybe this is franks underwhelming piece. But it is not a bad piece

I think what most of us are thinking, if not saying, is this isn't FM's best work. Not that we can do better, but we hope to see better from Frank.

:shrug:

-slym