• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight 3 - Big Reveal (Covers, Story and Deluxe Edition)!

344 posts in this topic

Jim Lee, my least favourite cover for issue 5:

image_zpsawqqejrb.jpeg

Least favourite?!?!? It's subpar for a Jim Lee cover but still pretty nice looking (especially compared to others). But I'm a Jim Lee fan and might be a bit bias (thumbs u

***Another one to add to the collection

Now since everyone has had enough time to read 5 of the 8 issues, what is everyone's thoughts on DKIII? It can't compare to the original DKR, but where do you think it stands in Dark Knight lore?

I find it interesting that issue 6 has been pushed back to October, resulting in well over a year to complete 8 issues. Almost on par with the original DKR and all of the delays it faced, but I'm still curious the story behind all of these delays.

Now since everyone has had enough time to read 5 of the 8 issues, what is everyone's thoughts on DKIII? It can't compare to the original DKR, but where do you think it stands in Dark Knight lore?

I find it interesting that issue 6 has been pushed back to October, resulting in well over a year to complete 8 issues. Almost on par with the original DKR and all of the delays it faced, but I'm still curious the story behind all of these delays.

Everyone I have talked to says it is epic garbage. (shrug)

I haven't read Issue 5 yet, but the first four have been fairly good, IMO. No, it's not the original, but I think the tone and the look are very much "Dark Knight". It's just as "good" (IMO) as the New52 Batman stuff everyone was going gaga over.

But, what do I know? I actually re-read DKSA when this new series first came out. And I actually enjoyed it much more than when it first came out.

*Oh, and that Jim Lee cover for #5 is pretty bad-arse.