• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight 3 - Big Reveal (Covers, Story and Deluxe Edition)!

344 posts in this topic

What is everyone's thoughts on issue 4 and the mini comic?

So far all the books have been quick reads, with a lot of splash pages with little to no words on many pages. So after issue 4, that leaves them only 4 more to finish up. This is a little concerning to me since there seems to be a lot going on, but little character development.

Quar and his followers are very intriguing, but we still know very little about them or any of the characters really. Lara, Commissioner Yindel etc.

So what I guess I'm saying is I would've liked to have seen less fluff and more about the characters and their motivations.

Re-reading the first 3 issues, I've also found some things that bother me slightly. For instance, when Carrie Kelly decides to steal the the batsuit, does she already know that Lara is going to let the Kandarians out? Or is it just a huge coincidence that we have Batman returning right around the same time?

Also, while Carrie Kelly is in jail for 27 days, does nothing happen? Nothing seems to happen in the story until she is broken out by Batman and what a coincidence! The Kandarians are freed right when she's out so now the story can continue.

That said, I really do like issue 4, best cover so far. The BatGirl mini comic drawn by Frank is way better the Green Lantern mini comic.

So far all the books have been quick reads, with a lot of splash pages with little to no words on many pages. So after issue 4, that leaves them only 4 more to finish up. This is a little concerning to me since there seems to be a lot going on, but little character development.

Quar and his followers are very intriguing, but we still know very little about them or any of the characters really. Lara, Commissioner Yindel etc.

So what I guess I'm saying is I would've liked to have seen less fluff and more about the characters and their motivations.

Re-reading the first 3 issues, I've also found some things that bother me slightly. For instance, when Carrie Kelly decides to steal the the batsuit, does she already know that Lara is going to let the Kandarians out? Or is it just a huge coincidence that we have Batman returning right around the same time?

Also, while Carrie Kelly is in jail for 27 days, does nothing happen? Nothing seems to happen in the story until she is broken out by Batman and what a coincidence! The Kandarians are freed right when she's out so now the story can continue.

That said, I really do like issue 4, best cover so far. The BatGirl mini comic drawn by Frank is way better the Green Lantern mini comic.

That's because the first one was done by Romita Jr., have not been a fan of his work lately and the other is done by Miller, who is hit and miss in terms of appeal. Is...

Carrie the new Batgirl? I thought she was Robin or maybe the new Batman. I was hoping for that story line, would have been interesting seeing her take on the role as Batman and have Bruce mentor her, like in Batman Beyond.

That's because the first one was done by Romita Jr., have not been a fan of his work lately and the other is done by Miller, who is hit and miss in terms of appeal. Is...

Carrie the new Batgirl? I thought she was Robin or maybe the new Batman. I was hoping for that story line, would have been interesting seeing her take on the role as Batman and have Bruce mentor her, like in Batman Beyond.

It seems that way. If you look at the cover to issue 6 there she is. Who knows, she could change again and ultimately become

Batman in those last 2 issues.

It seems that way. If you look at the cover to issue 6 there she is. Who knows, she could change again and ultimately become

Batman in those last 2 issues.

We will see, sometimes the covers have no connection to the content in the comic.