• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight 3 - Big Reveal (Covers, Story and Deluxe Edition)!

344 posts in this topic

From what I gather only 12 of the original sketch covers exist and the image above is all of them.

I think I read somewhere there are 43 of them actually

The problem with them is I assumed that Lee would have drawn them to look like Millers version of the Dark Knight, instead of his. Nothing special or unique about them. Very disappointing! Only 2 reflect Millers version.

The emperor has no clothes? Obviously no one has the balls to tell Miller his artwork is insanely bad.

If you're a lifelong Frank Miller fan, anything Frank Miller does is awesome.

The emperor has no clothes? Obviously no one has the balls to tell Miller his artwork is insanely bad.

I'm a Miller fan and I think it sucks.

Agreed, it isn't very good work.

MIller is one of my favorite writers and is one of my favorites as an artist that can tell the story.

But when he is off it is just bad.

In the same camp. Strange though since his DK3 cover work is in contrast with the interiors he did for the minicomic. The interior work was excellent.

Maybe he did the layouts like he did on some of his DD work? I have seen some of his recent sketches and he can still produce some nice work when he wants to, but he also likes making people talk about his work and that's what he does through these edgy images.

In the same camp. Strange though since his DK3 cover work is in contrast with the interiors he did for the minicomic. The interior work was excellent.

You guys are looking for a 'hot looking' Wonder Woman. I'm looking for Miller's ink strokes and signature anatomy.

Guys, the WW pic makes her look like a 12 year old boy with mascara all over her body. I get it.

But I see Miller in there. I see Elektra's 'fill in' pages in her 4 issue mini series. I see DK2.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it all depends on what you find beauty in. If you're looking for Jennifer Garner, she's not here. If you're looking for pure, unmistakable Miller that emotes 1982 in some way while being entirely different, he's still here.

That pic will never be mistaken for anyone else's art.

You guys are looking for a 'hot looking' Wonder Woman. I'm looking for Miller's ink strokes and signature anatomy.

Guys, the WW pic makes her look like a 12 year old boy with mascara all over her body. I get it.

But I see Miller in there. I see Elektra's 'fill in' pages in her 4 issue mini series. I see DK2.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it all depends on what you find beauty in. If you're looking for Jennifer Garner, she's not here. If you're looking for pure, unmistakable Miller that emotes 1982 in some way while being entirely different, he's still here.

Oh no, definitely don't want WW by Hughes or the like. I find enough beauty in Millers "grotesque" Batman from DKR and his rough Wonder Woman from Strikes. I would love this WW cover if not for the shoulder. The axe seems off too. Is it free floating or attached?

That doesn't bother me, what is visually bothering me is from the hips down and how off the proportions are again, leg sizes, gap between the thighs, ... It is similar to what he did with his cover for variant 1 and the Superman cover of the mini comic. It's odd how the covers are off, but the art inside the mini comic was very good.

You're absolutely right; nobody will ever think it's anyone else but Miller. Not going to disagree with that.

I agree with Grails though that the mini-interiors are far superior. And they have the signature Miller style.

The cover and some of the pages for the mini comic of issue 3:

4999815-dk+iii+mini+comic+%233+cover.jpg

4999816-dktmr_2_mini.jpg

DKTMR_2_MINI6_.jpg

DKTMR_2_MINI7-600x927.jpg

Not a fan of John Romita Jr's art for DC the last several years and no exception here. More importantly I feel the coloring by White has been even worse, not suitable for any of the DKIII covers or pages JR JR has done. I'm not looking forward to Romita's spinoff issue.

As much as I like the DKIII story, I like the story of the mini comic better. This one may be the exception, if not the story definitely the art is disappointing.

Well, the Jim Lee mini comic will make up for it. I think he's gonna be doing issue #4 or 5's mini.