• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight 3 - Big Reveal (Covers, Story and Deluxe Edition)!

344 posts in this topic

What is everyone's thoughts that all of the covers for the DK3 collectors editions are Jim Lee's variant covers? I'm not a fan of the concept. Lee beyond creating a variant cover has had nothing to do with this series. To me it seems very narcissistic, especially since he had a say in what the covers would look like. I feel the covers should have been a scene from each issue or the stock cover, but not a cover that had nothing to do with the series.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Miller is great! Love it. Like the Risso (I'm a big fan of his). Lee is pretty good too.

I'll buy whichever is the cover price.

For this issue I actually like all of the covers except for Chiang's. Here is Capullo's midtown variant. What is everyone's thoughts on DC only using Lee's variant covers for the covers of each collectors edition book?

1496907_xl.jpg

What is everyone's thoughts that all of the covers for the DK3 collectors editions are Jim Lee's variant covers? I'm not a fan of the concept. Lee beyond creating a variant cover has had nothing to do with this series. To me it seems very narcissistic, especially since he had a say in what the covers would look like. I feel the covers should have been a scene from each issue or the stock cover, but not a cover that had nothing to do with the series.

maxresdefault.jpg

:whistle:

Miller DK3 #2 variant cover:

image_zpsrj3rr2cn.jpeg

My favorite DK3 #2 variant (Janson):

image_zpsdxjja1va.jpeg

Risso DK2 variant:

image_zps2khbmkxa.jpeg

Chiang Variant:

image_zpsbtzydknj.jpeg

Jim Lee variant, b&w sketch probable cover for collectors edition #2:

image_zpsecfclcca.jpeg

I like the Jim Lee cover the best out of these but I can do without the metal crotch protector. :sick:

:bump: Just finished reading issue # 2. If you are a fan of miller, Batman and

all the players in TDKU, this one hit on all marks. Without spoilers this one

pulled on all my emotional strings, and at one point brought me to tears.

Also of note in how well the "mini-Miller" ( trade-mark-pending) , works

well within the main story and helps pull it together. If you were holding out

because you were unsure, start picking this up, it is a great read IMHO.

Just finished reading #2 for the second time, even though I enjoyed the story, I did find the dialogue confusing at times. I have not read DK Strikes, but does this comic do well as a stand alone or is it better to have read the previous series to have a good understanding of the dialogue and what's happening?

Yes, a scene from Dark Knight Strikes Again was shown in DK3 #2 where Luthor tortures Batman. I expect more tie-ins based on that as well.

Read DKSA. It's not as bad as everyone says. There was just no way it (or DK3 for that matter) could ever live up to the original. I liked Strikes and there are some amazing scenes in it especially with Green Lantern and Captain Marvel near the end.

I second that. I enjoyed reading DKSA as well, and yes it ties into DK3.

You'll see the city of Kandor, as well as the first appearance of Supe's daughter in DKSA#2. One plot point that's referenced in DK3 is when the talking heads are reporting on the president getting his routine DNA test/confirmation.

DK3#2 was a good read. I like where the story is going. Quar seems like he's going to be a really good villan.

Judging by DK3#3's cover, Superman will be defrosted and enlisted to help with the Kandorians.

Has Quar appeared anywhere else or is this his first appearance?

Ya, looks like if Cap 332 met Born in the USA album cover and merged.

1b8db9cd09f78a9b151cb4030d713ac5.jpg

220px-BruceBorn1984.JPG

I just meant it looked like another variant he did, maybe during all star Batman and Robin. Something strikes me as familiar.

Ya, looks like if Cap 332 met Born in the USA album cover and merged.

1b8db9cd09f78a9b151cb4030d713ac5.jpg

220px-BruceBorn1984.JPG

I just meant it looked like another variant he did, maybe during all star Batman and Robin. Something strikes me as familiar.

Yeah, Wonder Woman is just as grotesque looking as Black Canary was on ASBR.