• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2016 -- It's still Never too Early, October 6-9

351 posts in this topic

I wonder if they are going to try to check IDs this year? That's certainly the implication of all the verification stuff, but in practice it's tricky. Maybe do spot checking? hm

Last year I ended up buying show tickets off ebay 1 week before.

I decided to get the individual tickets this year instead.

Then after all the hoopla about Fan Verification they give you this message after you buy the tickets

Geronimo! You have your Tickets for New York Comic Con 2016, but YOU’RE NOT DONE YET. You MUST assign each Ticket to an individual person who filled out a Fan Verification profile starting Thursday, June 30 at 12:00 PM EDT. This must be completed by July 14 at 11:59 PM EDT or your Tickets will be removed from your order and you’ll be refunded.

So in ends up people could still buy extra tickets to sell as long as they finish selling them by July 14.

Last year I ended up buying show tickets off ebay 1 week before.

I decided to get the individual tickets this year instead.

Then after all the hoopla about Fan Verification they give you this message after you buy the tickets

Geronimo! You have your Tickets for New York Comic Con 2016, but YOU’RE NOT DONE YET. You MUST assign each Ticket to an individual person who filled out a Fan Verification profile starting Thursday, June 30 at 12:00 PM EDT. This must be completed by July 14 at 11:59 PM EDT or your Tickets will be removed from your order and you’ll be refunded.

So in ends up people could still buy extra tickets to sell as long as they finish selling them by July 14.

I suppose so, provided they can find buyers who are already verified because verification is closed. Unless there is some other loophole to exploit ....

So tell me this... other than the past 2 years I always got my tickets within 5 minutes, but this year I ended up waiting like 40 mins I think.

Could get a 4 day and 3 day pass so I bought 2 sets of individual days which ended up doubling the price.....

But what stops a person from buying a whole slew of passes and sell them to those that waited and couldn't get a stupid 3-day or 4-day pass on eBay? You know you want a pass but couldn't buy them so if you're registered and they let you assign until next month..... you still allow ticket scalping.

You should have to assign the ticket as you buy them so that way you would have a damn hard time to resell them. Don't give people like a 2 weeks to assign names.

rant over

:frustrated:

So tell me this... other than the past 2 years I always got my tickets within 5 minutes, but this year I ended up waiting like 40 mins I think.

Could get a 4 day and 3 day pass so I bought 2 sets of individual days which ended up doubling the price.....

But what stops a person from buying a whole slew of passes and sell them to those that waited and couldn't get a stupid 3-day or 4-day pass on eBay? You know you want a pass but couldn't buy them so if you're registered and they let you assign until next month..... you still allow ticket scalping.

You should have to assign the ticket as you buy them so that way you would have a damn hard time to resell them. Don't give people like a 2 weeks to assign names.

rant over

:frustrated:

You would be rolling the dice, though, because you would have to find buyers who were both verified and who couldn't buy the tickets they wanted. I'm sure those buyers are out there, but it seems as if the buying pool for scalpers is shallower than it was in past years.

Of course, if they don't do any checking of IDs, I guess a scalper could just verify the tickets to his friends and family and then sell them to others whether they were verified or not. hm