• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2016 -- It's still Never too Early, October 6-9

351 posts in this topic

Does showclix send you any sort of confirmation that your ticket has been successfully assigned? I found this step of the process kind of weird.

To this point they haven't. They just stop sending reminders to assign tickets.

I also find it odd that there is no confirmation e-mail or -- so far as I know -- any way to check on line to see if tickets have been properly assigned and you are good to go.

Log back into showclix website, you'll see a summary of your ticket assignments including name and adult/kid status you entered. If you typed in an email that wasn't registered, a warning would have come up.

Cheers!

N.

I wanted a 3 or 4 day pass but had to settle for Friday, Saturday and Sunday passes since those passes sold out.

I really wish they gave you a confirmation email stating that your tickets were officially registered and guaranteed.

This new method of ticket sales is not inspiring any confidence in me or their operation.

Three separate visits to this f-ing site to secure tickets -- to register, to buy, and then AGAIN tomorrow to assign to profiles?!

Reed needs to ditch Showclix next year and just do assignment at the time of purchase. Then fan verification links go out to your buddies and they register with their unique emails and cell phones. This would take it from three steps down to two and also eliminate this frustrating frenzy about missing pre-registration -- just register after the fact.

Also, my friend got his buy link at 8am today. Mine didn't go active until 12pm. Very inconsistent.

Registration first allows them to send out unique url's for when it's time for tickets to go live on sale..helps cut down on site congestion and for them to monitor scalpers IP address. But yeah the process didn't help much other then to cut scalpers, which could be good or bad depending if you were able to purchase a ticket from the site. As for wait times, it was the same as last year, maybe worse.. I waited an hour and 10 minutes and I clicked my link the second tickets went up for sale. It's not easy dealing with huge amounts of traffic all at once, crashes the servers. Hopefully next year it will improve.

Hey All:

If you can't make it to NYCC this year, there are a few facilitators that will be attending that can get signed books for you. Some have exclusive signings coming up with many creators whose sigs can be hard to get.

dscott

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9484894&gonew=1#UNREAD

rich_henn

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9051949&fpart=1

NYCOMICS

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9428133&fpart=1

I see, as I'm planning to sen a few comics to a company to get them signed; but I just want to know who'll be there; which is the reason I didn't send any to SDCC as the list of appearing guests who were going to sign wasn't posted at all :(

MIKE PERKINS will be at NYCC. Although he will not have a table, he will be there with Hero Initiative and is currently taking commissions for pick up at the show.

Art can either be on Sketch Cover (he can get one, do the art and you can give him a sketch cover to cover the cost of the one he bought) or Art Board and the prices are as follows:

- Bust: $60

- Full Figure: $150

You can hit him up on Facebook. Has a presence there and gets back to you pretty quickly via Facebook Messenger.