• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Link's Fall Auction - November 12, 2015

262 posts in this topic

The Comic Link Fall auction is starting to add and post more OA pieces. Starts November 12, 2015. Anyone have any ideas on the price ranges the following might bring?

1) Miller's 300 Wizard Magazine Pin-up

2) Mike Zeck's - Amazing Spider-man over-sized poster art

3)Perez's Justice League # 217 Cover

4) Romita's Amazing Spider-man # 69, Half splash page 10

5) The three McFarlane pages

There is a move in the art world for more transparency in pricing so basically going forward every piece of art is $65k

That's where the bidding will start even for convention commission sketches , just easier that way

Anyone have any ideas on the price ranges the following might bring?

2) Mike Zeck's - Amazing Spider-man over-sized poster art

The Zeck piece was up for sale on Mike Burkey's site for over a year for $8k. I'd imagine that it would sell for less than that amount, but it's a great piece. Painted by Ian Tetrault.

All in all Josh is putting together a very nice fall auction. The Spider-Man pages he has going up are very nice. Maybe not all the splash the HA auction is having. However, I hope all you guys spend all your money over at HA so I can get a deal or five at Comic Link's auction.

I could be totally wrong since I'm not a big participant in these things, but if people are like me, I'd think it's just a matter of people waiting to see where the dust settles on the Heritage show next weekend before they start tossing out more money for the CLink festivities. I would think Post-heritage, the Clink bidding will break loose.