• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Link's Fall Auction - November 12, 2015

262 posts in this topic

Last I checked the Everett dr strange was still sitting at 950.00

Now at 1K :whee:

I hope it was you that pushed it over the 1k :)

Bechara had this or a very similar one for 6500 at wonder on a couple years back. I'd love to go after it, but am tapped out from this year's art and comic art purchases.

Why is John Buscema listed as secondary artist on this?

I think that's a mis-read of the ST 150 credits. Buscema penciled the Nick Fury story (over Kirby layouts).

Ah, that makes sense. Pretty cool page. Ancient One!

Glen's getting up there but that's totally uncalled for.

Bechara had this or a very similar one for 6500 at wonder on a couple years back. I'd love to go after it, but am tapped out from this year's art and comic art purchases.

I think that's a mis-read of the ST 150 credits. Buscema penciled the Nick Fury story (over Kirby layouts).

:applause:

:applause:

This comment is made okay only by my no longer remembering anything about the thread or where I put my keys.

For the second straight CLink auction, my initial enthusiasm has been greatly tempered as the reserves are revealed.

lol Same here.

One piece I was following has a reserve more than triple where the bidding stood.

Another piece has a reserve a full 15 times where the highest bid stood before reserve was revealed.

That'll let the wind outta yer sails.

For the second straight CLink auction, my initial enthusiasm has been greatly tempered as the reserves are revealed.

Wait, why have reserves been revealed on some pieces but no others?

They reveal as the piece goes under the 5 day mark until auction end. The auctions don't close at the same time, so they gradually reveal.

I think the bidding strategies for auctions with reserves are for potential buyers to sit out and wait for the consigned item to not hit reserve, then go unsold and then either follow up with a lower price offer or wait for it to get relisted. Those who track the auctions before the reserve is met at least have somewhat of a gauge of the interest and potential value of the piece albeit not necessarily accurate valuation that early into the game, but if it goes unsold knowing the price is probably where the auction's bid last left off and where the reserve is as the top and bottom range.

Personally, I think the system of revealing the reserve during the auction by having "the next bid" being that reserve removes the mystery and strategy of having a reserve where if not revealed, bidders keep teasing up the bids testing the line, and many times crossing it and ending up buying it.

I get it 'tho that in part the strategy is to sell, and by saying the next bid can win the piece and cuts to the chase, but it seems counter intuitive to a selling strategy.

As a seller, I'd be more prone to just rolling the dice with "no reserves" and letting the marketplace dictate the value and sales price. But then, I do get it that some people need a certain minimum price for various reasons.

I think the bidding strategies for auctions with reserves are for potential buyers to sit out and wait for the consigned item to not hit reserve, then go unsold and then either follow up with a lower price offer or wait for it to get relisted. Those who track the auctions before the reserve is met at least have somewhat of a gauge of the interest and potential value of the piece albeit not necessarily accurate valuation that early into the game, but if it goes unsold knowing the price is probably where the auction's bid last left off and where the reserve is as the top and bottom range.

Personally, I think the system of revealing the reserve during the auction by having "the next bid" being that reserve removes the mystery and strategy of having a reserve where if not revealed, bidders keep teasing up the bids testing the line, and many times crossing it and ending up buying it.

I get it 'tho that in part the strategy is to sell, and by saying the next bid can win the piece and cuts to the chase, but it seems counter intuitive to a selling strategy.

As a seller, I'd be more prone to just rolling the dice with "no reserves" and letting the marketplace dictate the value and sales price. But then, I do get it that some people need a certain minimum price for various reasons.

If the reserve reveal upsets folks, I tell them not to worry because there's lots of other great art in this auction. Enough to peak most collectors' interest, and perhaps, just perhaps, a bargain or three to be had (thumbs u

Agreed. Plenty of great no reserve stuff in this auction. I've seen at least a few that I'd love to own that are currently sitting WAY below their market value. I'm kinda hoping they'll stay that way. :wishluck:

Yeah, that HtD page sure is nice :grin:

Shhh. Also: I think I need to change my sig. I'm showing my hand. lol

The bachalo death page looks amazing, and so do some of the Wrightson pieces. The Zeck Spidey poster art is starting to make a move, as are a few other pieces, but still relatively quiet overall. May be a good auction for buyers if the auction continues its current trajectory towards the finish line.

I've never purchased a piece from a Comic Link auction, but I've always given them a glance.

Before I get invested (pun intended) in the outcome this time, tell me this - how much is this whole system like eBay... meaning that these prices look ok, and then in the final 30 seconds they shoot up 200% and I wasted two days picking out wall space for something that went for hundreds of $$ more than I was interested in paying? :)