• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Thread Nobody Demanded: Buzzetta: NYCC 2015: Warning (EDIT): Some Wall Books

254 posts in this topic

Now on to the fun stuff...

The first thing I picked up was from Alex Saviuk. I was paging through his work with Jay and then I saw it. This is a Spider-man newspaper daily that was published on my birthday! I picked it up in honor of the birthday threads.

A7E6C4B1-DD1B-42FF-A7CF-78CF73F01F6A.jpg

Dang, Buzz.... I didn't realize you were born in 2008.... I assumed you were much older than that :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Through the blackened skies, the Dark Knight navigates through the concrete and steel canyons of Gotham protecting his city from... WAIT incoming "Bat Text".

DA14B88D-7899-473E-AC7A-3577EE65F275.jpg

TIL that Batman scratches his junk just like any other man.

Heck with the grumpy cat - I found the grumpy kid in the back of this pic.

And here we go... believe it or not... this was the sketch commission I was most excited about. I asked Larry Hama for a GI Joe 21 Cover Snake Eyes sketch.

As he handed it to me he stated that he actually liked it and wanted to take a picture of it which he did... then I asked if he would take a picture of us with the sketch. This is in the Black Hole part of the collection.

A0D2CF3A-7995-4650-9E9D-194C44A0641E.jpg

He posted that one on his fb page.

Great report :applause: The Eastwood cosplay was awesome, also agree with the others on the nice looking Harley :cloud9: my daughter want's to know if you saw any new Harry Potter lego sets. Thanks again for the report Andrew :applause:

Lego allowed the Harry Potter license to expire after the last movie came out so there will be no new Harry Potter sets in the future. I never say never though as Lego let the DC license expire in 2008 only to acquire it again for their Superhero line. With a new Harry Potter book on the horizon that leads to all sorts of speculation such as additional movies and licensing.

The good news is that if she already has the minifigures, then with lego you guys can go on Bricklink and start to order parts or elements that you need along with brick tubs and start adding to your Harry Potter world.

That's what this person did. She amassed around 400,000 bricks and built her own Hogwarts. Check this out.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2013/02/26/alice-finch-builds-massive-lego-hogwarts-from-400000-bricks/

8508805311_0917cf70c0.jpg

You were born in 2008? Wow. You're precocious for a 7 year old!

:D

Now on to the fun stuff...

The first thing I picked up was from Alex Saviuk. I was paging through his work with Jay and then I saw it. This is a Spider-man newspaper daily that was published on my birthday! I picked it up in honor of the birthday threads.

A7E6C4B1-DD1B-42FF-A7CF-78CF73F01F6A.jpg

Dang, Buzz.... I didn't realize you were born in 2008.... I assumed you were much older than that :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

lol

I left the show wondering how many of the strips I could track down or if I could at least find a strip of another character on June 30 for each year that I have been alive.

BA1975D1-E0ED-4E4E-928E-E8CF0FC2E53F.jpg

Wait, so a Samurai sword and a hammer don't fall into the forbidden weapons category? doh!

0839365D-F0C0-44EB-AB6E-A08FB591D336.jpg

This is awesome! :applause:

I am waiting on opening the WALL-E set because I actually want to find a place for it that I can keep it. I loved the character and thought WALL-E was one of the best movies, let alone animated movie that I had seen in awhile. Pixar knocked it out of the park and I was pleased to see that a Pixar animator designed the Lego set and then submitted the pics and designs to lego.

What alarmed me was that many guys did not check my bag when I would enter. Sometimes they would, but many times they did not. They would say "pro badge" just go in. Now, I never pass my badge off to someone. But how many people do? Who knows who gets what badge in the end and what they bring into the building?

And here we go... believe it or not... this was the sketch commission I was most excited about. I asked Larry Hama for a GI Joe 21 Cover Snake Eyes sketch.

As he handed it to me he stated that he actually liked it and wanted to take a picture of it which he did... then I asked if he would take a picture of us with the sketch. This is in the Black Hole part of the collection.

A0D2CF3A-7995-4650-9E9D-194C44A0641E.jpg

He posted that one on his fb page.

I did not know he had macular degeneration. Very sad to read that. That makes the art I have from him even more special. If he is at Big Apple again, I will make it a point to commission another piece. Very cool and thanks for sharing that.

212E2889-262A-47EA-A783-0C0FA3DFEFDA.jpg

OH MY

There were a few girls there that really played up the Harley as a stripper angle and had that printed across their shirt. I thought that this was the one that REALLY stood out. I appreciate it when there is some thought to all of this or something no one else is wearing.

I take a pic of a Deadpool each year because I feel that if I don't then then I missed something at Comic Con... like "How did you NOT see a Deadpool?"

By the hoary hosts of hoggoth, that's a cool figure!

Will you be going to BrickFair in NJ at the end of the month, Buzz?

E9A7B466-82FA-405C-A441-C21B8DA9DA0D.jpg

Believe it or not I did not even know that it was going on. I would have to say though that I will probably not go as I have a lot of things on my plate around that time. If you are going take some pics and send them to me.

Always a pleasure Andrew. Looking forward to the contest.

Thanks Joey, I appreciate it. The only thing I am waiting on is CGC since the Cap went back to Heritage.