• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,443 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2022 at 6:53 PM, Grottu said:

Low grade copy, but a fun one that I always wanted, depicting a “lineup” of Simon & Kirby studio artists Ben Oda, Joe Simon, Joe Genola, Mort Meskin and Jack Kirby…

8E46ED4C-C765-47B9-B6C4-0A8C68DC06BC.jpeg

Nice grab at a great price. Saw that on eBay but forgot to bid on it. I did get a great crime consolation prize earlier in the day. 

On 1/7/2022 at 11:31 AM, Robot Man said:

Nice grab at a great price. Saw that on eBay but forgot to bid on it. I did get a great crime consolation prize earlier in the day. 

Well, you may get a second shot at it. Not sure what’s up with the seller, but his item descriptions promised combined shipping, so I messaged him last night asking for an invoice to that effect. When it came this morning, not only was it NOT combined, but the shipping charge was actually MORE than if he’d simply added the individual charges together. Messaged him again and have yet to hear back…

On 1/7/2022 at 9:00 AM, Grottu said:

Well, you may get a second shot at it. Not sure what’s up with the seller, but his item descriptions promised combined shipping, so I messaged him last night asking for an invoice to that effect. When it came this morning, not only was it NOT combined, but the shipping charge was actually MORE than if he’d simply added the individual charges together. Messaged him again and have yet to hear back…

Sounds like it went for less than he was happy with and is trying to squeeze a few more bucks out of you. Suks! 

On 1/7/2022 at 9:00 AM, Grottu said:

It's kind of a double edge sword; on the one hand, nobody likes to feel that he's been taken advantage of, but on the  other, since this is hardly a common book, maybe take your lumps with the higher total just to get it.  Are you only looking at a few bucks more?

Long time ago, before the 'net, I put in an order to a dealer for a group of comics, including the Voodoo Annual.  They came back and told me that the price was higher than what they had listed.  I think they wanted $48 vs the listed price of $42.  Cutting my nose off to spite my face, I told them to forget that book in my order.  I've rued that day ever since.

On 1/7/2022 at 2:00 PM, fifties said:

It's kind of a double edge sword; on the one hand, nobody likes to feel that he's been taken advantage of, but on the  other, since this is hardly a common book, maybe take your lumps with the higher total just to get it.  Are you only looking at a few bucks more?

Long time ago, before the 'net, I put in an order to a dealer for a group of comics, including the Voodoo Annual.  They came back and told me that the price was higher than what they had listed.  I think they wanted $48 vs the listed price of $42.  Cutting my nose off to spite my face, I told them to forget that book in my order.  I've rued that day ever since.

$48 — those were the days! No, you’re absolutely right. Fortunately, I didn’t have to sweat it. As we speak, the guy responded with a better shipping price, so it’s a done deal. 😅

On 1/7/2022 at 1:24 PM, EdMann2 said:

Speaking of Justice Traps the Guilty, this just arrived in today's mail!  20pgs of Kirby art, plus the cover.  This should make for some fine reading later this evening....

JTtG3.thumb.jpg.09afab9ea89ceb6e614d5535dda67c88.jpg

That's an early one, congrats!

On 1/2/2022 at 8:04 PM, fifties said:

The two you mentioned, although good, simply were not in the same league as the EC bullpen.  In fact, I can't think of any other comic book artists at their level, maybe save for some of the Atlas guys, like Bill Everett, and Joe Maneely.  Bob Powell would also be in that group.  I know I'm missing a few others.

Atlas was really EC's only competition when it came to a deep bench of excellent artists, but they fall far short story-wise, neither as clever as EC or as gruesomely weird as some of the other competition.

On 1/26/2022 at 12:19 PM, Robot Man said:

Aren’t you going to elaborate on this one Brian?…hm

Oh, I guess so.  It has a double cover.  The Interior cover is in the 8.5-9.0 range.  It's only the 2nd double cover I've ever owned, and I bought the first one at the same store about 20 years ago.  B|

51842097910_dde10228e9_c.jpg