• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,481 posts in this topic

On 6/4/2024 at 2:54 PM, Professor K said:

This arrived yesterday. White scan is theirs, black scan mine. I like theirs better. 

1954-4 CrimeSuspenStories 22 White Background-overlay.jpg

1954-4 CrimeSuspenStories 22 Black Background-overlay.jpg

white paper :banana:

On 6/4/2024 at 6:31 PM, Qalyar said:

Sadly, this has a full spine split. But it set me back all of $6 at an antique store, and it is otherwise complete. Pretty sure I'd take beat-but-complete precode crime bondage covers at that price All. Day. Long.

PXL_20240604_210843196.thumb.jpg.e6caefd5f1ef82e5856965c87e652dd8.jpg

Best thing she can't speak a word :bigsmile:

On 6/4/2024 at 3:31 PM, Qalyar said:

Sadly, this has a full spine split. But it set me back all of $6 at an antique store, and it is otherwise complete. Pretty sure I'd take beat-but-complete precode crime bondage covers at that price All. Day. Long.

PXL_20240604_210843196.thumb.jpg.e6caefd5f1ef82e5856965c87e652dd8.jpg

Congrats!  I have almost a full run of the pre code issues of CDNP, but this one particular issue is one of the toughest to find, and has eluded me for ages.

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 8:40 PM, Frisco Larson said:

This isn't a title I collect, but I DO love seedy dock covers, so I had to grab this!

Underworld 3 3.5 ow-w.jpg

So sad I missed the sale of a copy of this ish in the threads last night. Such a delightfully vicious story inside

Edited by rumrunner71

On 6/5/2024 at 9:14 PM, rumrunner71 said:

So sad I missed the sale of a copy of this ish in the threads last night. Such a delightfully vicious story inside

Crud, sorry to hear that. Thank you for telling me about the contents though! I haven't cracked it out (haven't decided if I'm going to yet) and knowing that there's good stuff inside is a helpful bit of info, so thanks again for that!  (thumbsu

On 6/5/2024 at 9:14 PM, rumrunner71 said:

WOW, I just went and looked at the copy you mentioned. I paid about 11x that amount for the one I posted!!! I also saw a splash page from it and yeah, that's brutal. Thank you again for calling my attention to it!!!  (thumbsu

On 6/5/2024 at 10:27 PM, Frisco Larson said:

WOW, I just went and looked at the copy you mentioned. I paid about 11x that amount for the one I posted!!! I also saw a splash page from it and yeah, that's brutal. Thank you again for calling my attention to it!!!  (thumbsu

You start to sympathize with the 50s moms who threw their kids' comics away after seeing that one!

On 6/5/2024 at 7:27 PM, Frisco Larson said:

LOL, I didn't post the most brutal panels in that book.  And the U/G cost me big time, so you're not alone.

On 6/6/2024 at 1:49 AM, fifties said:

LOL, I didn't post the most brutal panels in that book.  And the U/G cost me big time, so you're not alone.

Wow, I'm tempted even more to crack it out now! I'm not in any way unhappy about what I paid for mine and I think it's great that you were able to sell your under copy for such a great price to a fellow collector! It's nice to see someone pass along a great deal to someone else!  (thumbsu