• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,424 posts in this topic

Alright, Fett! Cool books! Glad to see another Johnny Dynamite fan. I still need a Foreign Intrigues #15 to complete the run.

Congrats on the Public Defender run as well, I've noticed the bidding can go crazy for those on ebay at times.

Here's an obscure Johnny Dynamite item. I don't know if there were any others as Grandes Detectives reprinted various titles including Public Defender.

DINAMITA001_zps10d7f2e0.jpg

then it continued for a couple of issues as Foreign Intrigues

IgyJJL.jpg

kgzrsX.jpg

These are very cool. I don't know that I have ever seen them before.

If #22 and #20 didn't get all the attention, this would probably be the classic EC crime book. How many covers show someone's brains getting blown out. Look next to the E in the title, that's pretty graphic.

css17.jpg

The classic issue of my favorite run. The pre-code Johnny Dynamite books are all worth owning, he is by far the most hard-boiled of the comic book private eyes of the time. In addition to the nifty green cover, this issue features Johnny getting shot in the eye, prostitution and dope.

691466-Dynamite4.jpg

Love the hard-edged stories in this series..

bJFPa0.jpg

gfecWT.jpg

9uMXXa.jpg

OgV8xB.jpg

BueFgZ.jpg

TLjn2e.jpg

I don't know, i think you guys have opened a door to a whole new world of cool with these. Nice! Really nice!

Scrolled back through the thread - so many great books posted and many beautiful copies at that.

I'll try and look for stuff that hasn't been posted already.

This was the first CDNP I ever bought - years ago. Not a cover that gets much attention, but the dead guy with his eyes rolled up in his head and the cards stuffed in his mouth is classic.

711846-CDNP40.jpg

Just all kinds of crazy cool. I could imagine 1950's America parents reaction to this one in Jr.s room..

Nice my friend!pm me before you put these anywhere for sale if you do!

Nice,great guy with awesome taste,i must say!!!i thought of you at a local sale today,a guy had two boxes of reader beater crime books..alas,my money was spent before i walked through the doors today,darn layaway!