• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,424 posts in this topic

I've always thought of this as "crime" comic.

tads_zps70af1494.jpg

I agree. Crime comic. (thumbs u

Here's two more syringe covers.

Perfect%20Crime%2018_zps6kzyufbg.jpg

cant think of the issue number off hand, but anyone post the cover in this series with the woman on the phone and the prowler in her home in the mirror?

This is my most recent pick-up. Taped at the staples, but eye-appeal is good. I imagine the cover would be detached if not for the tape. A gorilla cover!

Issues 1,2 & 5 seem to show up frequently, not so 3 and 4, with the Mickey Spillane Mike Danger stories - originally planned as a newspaper strip in the late 40s. The art on the story isn't nearly as good as the Mort Drucker cover.

crimedetector4_zpsnqtwhtqg.jpg

The classic issue of my favorite run. The pre-code Johnny Dynamite books are all worth owning, he is by far the most hard-boiled of the comic book private eyes of the time. In addition to the nifty green cover, this issue features Johnny getting shot in the eye, prostitution and dope.

691466-Dynamite4.jpg