• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,424 posts in this topic

Here's a cool one......as per www.comicbookplus.com the cover is Henry Sharp, although I always wondered if it was Gene Colan. The splash is terribly cool .....and it's not even one of the 2 Baker stories. Luckily, the Baker Piranhas are cover centric and books with interior art by him are still reasonable to a degree. Gotta get me one of those robes :cloud9:GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

MHqhRR8.jpg

Comic Book Cover For Authentic Police Cases #36

Edited by jimjum12

It's a cool little 5 issue run.....the # 1 is probably the most coveted, but this one is pretty cool as well...# 4........Kinstler cover and inside cover, and a wild Mort Lawrence story to lead it off.... I'm looking for an upgrade for this one too. GOD BLESS...

oaGuVDt.jpg

Comic Book Cover For Prison Break! #4

....... and , courtesy of www.comicbookplus.com ......here is the rare variant cover...............

On 1/23/2018 at 7:18 AM, jimjum12 said:

Here's a cool one......as per www.comicbookplus.com the cover is Henry Sharp, although I always wondered if it was Gene Colan. The splash is terribly cool .....and it's not even one of the 2 Baker stories. Luckily, the Baker Piranhas are cover centric and books with interior art by him are still reasonable to a degree. Gotta get me one of those robes :cloud9:GOD BLESS....

MHqhRR8.jpg

Good lord those robes actually exist outside of comics... :roflmao:

757B5EDF-EF3A-42A3-9687-DEB123160ABE.jpeg.2070979f5963acefde1bb90e51f81334.jpeg

For the master of their domain....

On 1/23/2018 at 10:18 AM, jimjum12 said:

MHqhRR8.jpg

For a while there, this cover was mistakenly credited to Baker. I think @29dukedog showed that it's actually taken from the back cover of another book by Sharp, iirc. 

18 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

It's a cool little 5 issue run.....the # 1 is probably the most coveted, but this one is pretty cool as well...# 4........Kinstler cover and inside cover, and a wild Mort Lawrence story to lead it off.... I'm looking for an upgrade for this one too. GOD BLESS...

oaGuVDt.jpg

....... and , courtesy of www.comicbookplus.com ......here is the rare variant cover...............

These Kinstler b&w interior covers are some of my favorite things in comics. 

5 hours ago, N e r V said:

Good lord those robes actually exist outside of comics... :roflmao:

757B5EDF-EF3A-42A3-9687-DEB123160ABE.jpeg.2070979f5963acefde1bb90e51f81334.jpeg

For the master of their domain....

...I can picture myself in my new robe, walking to the end of the driveway to get the paper as a chorus of laughter erupts throughout the neighborhood....GOD BLESS....

3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

These Kinstler b&w interior covers are some of my favorite things in comics. 

I wonder if those interior cover illos were in anything other than Avon books...... which I love, by the way. GOD BLESS....

Just now, jimjum12 said:

I wonder if those interior cover illos were in anything other than Avon books...... which I love, by the way. GOD BLESS....

I can't think of an instance of a non-Avon one, but I'm not sure.  Kinstler Avons remain pretty affordable, particularly the Westerns. 

7 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

...I can picture myself in my new robe, walking to the end of the driveway to get the paper as a chorus of laughter erupts throughout the neighborhood....GOD BLESS....

Change the spots for strips and you could run with this crowd....

2B8AD4AA-F5EE-4E88-9B56-D14D1842F2B5.thumb.jpeg.3e0d7fd774f742f6ffcb891c39881871.jpeg

5 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

My favorite crime cover. Had to get another. 

F9A013EC-AF1F-4997-92FB-4A9C68BA157C.jpeg

I never noticed that cover until you posted it this past year. Since then I’ve seen 2 copies for sale and found out that at least 4 other collectors I know have 1 or more copies in their collections.

It’s a sweet cover for sure but still a shame it isn’t a Sandman one. I can see prices triple if it was from the DC line of the GA...

7 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I can't think of an instance of a non-Avon one, but I'm not sure.  Kinstler Avons remain pretty affordable, particularly the Westerns. 

There are several that I wouldn't mind having, but they are always mysteriously absent from eBay and other dealer's websites .... GOD BLESS....

33 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I never noticed that cover until you posted it this past year. Since then I’ve seen 2 copies for sale and found out that at least 4 other collectors I know have 1 or more copies in their collections.

It’s a sweet cover for sure but still a shame it isn’t a Sandman one. I can see prices triple if it was from the DC line of the GA...

Seems to be healthy enough of an interest as it is. I get more requests about this issue than any book I remember having. 

51 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Seems to be healthy enough of an interest as it is. I get more requests about this issue than any book I remember having. 

You get a healthy interest on all your books mister King of the Cheesecake... :devil:

9 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

CheeseMeister was my second Choice of moniker here. 

Either way I wasn’t dissing the book. It’s a great cover which I told you before. Just surprised in myself for not really noticing it until you posted it. Seems like I was one of the few around who wasn’t aware of it given how many people I know who already have a copy. :nyah:

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

Post WWII Fox books printed the first page of the story on the interior cover but I'm not aware of any other publisher that gave up that spot for issue related illustrations.  Kinstler later became a distinguished portrait painter and his talent was recognized early on by Avon.  He was given complete freedom with what he drew for those interiors and he experimented constantly.  Even later in life he was pleased with the progress he showed with those jobs.

12 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Post WWII Fox books printed the first page of the story on the interior cover but I'm not aware of any other publisher that gave up that spot for issue related illustrations.  Kinstler later became a distinguished portrait painter and his talent was recognized early on by Avon.  He was given complete freedom with what he drew for those interiors and he experimented constantly.  Even later in life he was pleased with the progress he showed with those jobs.

The OA for one of those Kinstler inner covers would be a neat item to have. GOD BLESS...

3 hours ago, adamstrange said:

Distinguished is probably an understatement in how he is viewed in the field of portrait art. Beautiful strokes on canvas...

DDF04653-CC4A-488C-A535-112721815CFE.jpeg.2a04880c06368c2d6a95fb43d50f4ea4.jpeg2BC1E42F-2D3E-458E-88DF-6156B7855A82.jpeg.387cee17127d9edf907b1bd794fd9a24.jpeg4EA00987-0FAF-4EDF-B33F-904245F10531.jpeg.5ef843929fc6ced8c6ce1c8158bd4b0a.jpeg