• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,424 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

The OA for one of those Kinstler inner covers would be a neat item to have. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

This one went for $2,600 on HA last August.  I'm actually surprised it didn't go higher.  Apparently Kinstler signed it for Jim Vadeboncoeur.

lf.jpg

Edited by Sqeggs
"At some point" was 2005 judging from the inscription

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

This one went for $2,600 on HA last August.  I'm actually surprised it didn't go higher.  Apparently Kinstler signed it for Jim Vadeboncoeur.

lf.jpg

I don’t follow the original art field so much but I seem to remember a friend who does telling me his work sells stronger outside of the comic book market pieces. I guess that makes sense given the deeper pockets in those art fields. 

Edited by N e r V

On 1/27/2018 at 7:42 PM, Sqeggs said:

I can't think of an instance of a non-Avon one, but I'm not sure.  Kinstler Avons remain pretty affordable, particularly the Westerns. 

5a6e7336486bf_TheThing2(MisterMystery1)_2.thumb.jpg.24425d9dc7ae581ddef6b298d2ac83be.jpg

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

482FFC02-328C-47AD-BF2F-7740109C4424.jpeg.2b5da1dc26d95c88d48d37fffe62dd72.jpeg

Avon Books had asked Kinstler to create a cover illustration for the detective novel The General Died at Dawn, which was based on a 1936 movie of the same name. Avon never used the illustration but, in 2012, the painting, Untitled (Couple) (ca 1958; oil, 18×14), became the cover of the catalogue for his retrospective exhibition, “Pulps to Portraits.”

On 1/28/2018 at 3:37 PM, Sqeggs said:

lf.jpg

Jim's avatar at DCM, from a self-portrait Kinstler did for him.